Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else with cravings yet? Or is it just me?

Hi ladies, hope were all doing well and Congratulations on all the new BFP'S!!

Am just wondering if anyone else is having cravings yet? I seem to be and don't remember having them as early last time with ds! I can't get enough of orange juice and fruit and have also got a thing for cheese, crackers and pickles! Also am liking a lot of steak at the mo too!

One min i feel sick, the next am thinking about food! I just can't help it!image. Smells are doing my nut in too i can't stand garlic atm, dh made breakfast on the weekend and my toasted muffin tasted like garlic barrffffff!!!!!!!!! Lol.image.

Caz X

Replies

• lol Owensmummy I always have food cravings, preggers or not, so hard to tellimage I did have a major one for olives, and just now I'm munching on a huge bowl of them. And I seem to drink way more milk than usual. And I'm not that big on chocolate any more xxx

• Im craving for savoury too - sign of Boys!!

Im absolutely loving cheese and pickle, mmmm. Im also feeling really hungry one minute and extremely sick the next, i opened my fridge this morning and got a whiff of hot n spicy chicken wings and heaved - was disgusting and i normally love these!! Anything that is over powering taste wise I am not a fan of at the mo - yesterday for lunch i really wanted ham, tomatoes and lettuce sarnies - how boring, albeit very scrummy image xx

• No real cravings  - ice cold water?

I've also gone off chocolate as well - this happened with my DD1 and so I've scoffed it for the last 4 weeks but can't face it now - boo image

• Can't say I have cravings as such, but I am also loving orange juice - it's my first drink of the day then at night I have a pint of orange juice and lemonade with ice in, really refreshing.

I've loving meat at the mo too - we had steak on Sat night and it so hit the spot! I love milky lollies too. And I've just treated myself to some giant chocolate buttons as I coulnd't get enough of those when I was pregnant with DD!!!

My sickness comes on after lunch and is worse early evening. So when it comes to eating dinner it's a case of mind over matter, and I generally feel a bit better once I've eaten. The key is too definitely eat little and often but that's easier said than done!!

8 weeks tomorrow - yippee!!

• ooo im really into orange juice too and I normally don't like it. not much else im into... dont want anything most of the time

• Wishful thinking - those we're exactly the things I craved when I was pg with my DS! I ate ham lettuce tomato and pickle sandwiches for weeks!!

None as yet but I'm only 5 weeks so may kick in next week !!

Xxx
  • No cravings yet, but I can't stop drinking water! I'm so thirsty, my mouth and throat go dry really quickly. I don't normally get that thirsty, even in really hot weather. I now have to carry an bottle of water around with me everywhere and have it beside the bed at night. I can't go too far from a toilet because of it!! image Never had this with my first two. Craved home-made leak and potato soup with ds#1. Think I ate a lot of cereal with ds#2. Wonder what's in store with #3! image x
  • Hi ladies, funny seeing all the cravings! Im still the same with my orange juice, cheese and crackers and can't stop eating salad as well! Would choose salad over a Mc Donalds atm! And that sooo isn't me lol.image

Ive gone off chocolate would rather have some melon lol. Seems all the things i ate say 5 weeks-ish like pizza,garlic bread,anything with garlic, i have totally gone off lol image.

Hope were all well ladies xxx

• I am mind over matter with food at the moment - although I do have a little craving for coke image which is not great. I find I am either starving and feeling sick or just feeling sick!!

The one thing I cannot abide is fragranced shower gels, shampoo, perfume, toothpaste - anything that smells! image I hate going in the shower now as the whole experience makes me wretch! Hopefully not long to go till that passes

With DD I craved babybels for a bit and then steak! Guess its our bodies way of making sure we have all the vitamins we need xx
  • No cravings but I'm soooo tired. Only around 6weeks but have been sleeping for around 2hrs in the daytime when I can- work & DS permitting xx
  • Hi ladies, i have much more of a sensitive sense of smell this time, anything knocks me sick, toothpaste breath(lol)image,garlic, onion and i can open the fridge or the bin and it makes me heave!

Much more different this time than with my ds! I too have a nap if ds wants a nap too which is rare so seize the opportunity when i can lol.

Hope everyones well xxx

• I seem to have developed a need for salt and vinegar crisps, which I know is not too great....jubille parties seem to be full of them, so it does not look too silly for me at the moment.

Going to start eating healthy when I go back to work tomorrow!

Health and love to all x