Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Little bit of help needed plz

Need some advice please and apologise in advance if this leads to a rant as head is a complete mess.  

Expecting second child -  EDD 15-1-12 -17-1-12 (as not sure on last period date 8-10 April).  Feeling completely different this pregnancy - (which I have been told is normal).   

On tues nite i went to get up out of armchair and took severe abdominal left sided pain- went to hosp where they done bloods took urine (which they said was fine) But no one available to do a scan so they said to go home and come back next mornin to EPU for a scan. 

Went yday for a scan and after 2 midwives and a doctor performing scan then internal they said they could see sac but nothing more.   Have asked me to come back in a fortnight which I said i felt was so long away so back next wed morning.  

Completly at my wits end and so so scared- ps I also have PCOS.  Any advice.

Replies

• Hey KKsmum. Sorry you're having a rough time. How far along were you when they did the scan? It may have been too early for they to see anything more than the sac, so need to wait to check things are progressing ok. It's a good sign your bloods and sample was ok, so I know it's hard, but the best thing to do is to try to relax for your bubba.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Sending virtual hugs. Sah x
  • hi im new here and i'm having the same thing im due 20th jan , went to docs to tell them i was preg and mentioned the left abdominal shooting pains i'd been getting and she sent me straight up a&e with suspected ectopic , they took bloods then again 48 hours later then i had a scan last fri when i was 4 weeks 5 days , got referred to the early pregnancy unit and they said my bloods had gone from 600 to 900 so increased but not doubled and they could see a sac but nothing in it which is completly normal at this stage of pregnancy... i read the sonographers letter before handing it in to the epu and it said probable early gestation sac seen , right ovary normal , left ovary obscured by bowel gas ! lol i wonder if thats what was causing my pain :/( sorry tmi ) but cant exclude ectopic at this stage follow up scan required in 7-10 days.... which they booked for 2moro so fingers crossed all will be well the pains have stopped and i've had no bleeding so im hopeful eveything is ok the only preg symptom i have is sore breasts thats it , so try not to worry too much just try and stay positive until your next scan and if the pains get worse go straight to a& e x

• Wen i had the scan i thot i was 6weeks and 3 but im not 100% sure on my dates and could have ovulated late due to pcos.

• Kksmum do you have a normal 28 day cycle? Do you know when you ovulated? Are you counting your edd on a 28 day cycle? Any of these things could change how far along you are. Don't give up hope yet, you could just be less pregnant than you think x