Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When are you telling people?

Hi girls, hope everyone is keeping well. when is everyone telling people they are pregnant and I am looking for a novel way to tell my dad, maybe in a card? Any ideas would be most appreciated, nothing too cheesy, not really his scene. I already have one child,mi wondered at fathers day??? But how?

Replies

• Hi we have told a couple of people but not telling anyone else till after a scan at about 9 weeks. I think in his farther day card would be a lovely surprise x
  • Are you having private scan at 9 weeks? Yeah just don't know what to write in it though!xx
  • Yes will be having a private scan. It's hard to say it without sounding too cheesy, maybe put love from and add bump at the end of all the names? X
  • We've told parents and one or two close friends, but otherwise will be waiting till after 12wk scan/screening results.

Putting your news in a father's day card is a very lovely idea! x

• How about buying your other child a 'big sister /brother' t shirt ? Then just get them to wear it on fathers day and see how long it takes him to notice!!

I've told close family and close friends, my boss and a couple of people at work but won't tell above else now until after scan x