Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bleed scare, also on FB group

i've had a crazy night! its about 9.30am here righ now and last night i went to the loo and (tmi) had bright red when i wiped. i was ok for all of 30 seconds until i started weeping and DH was out playing basketball.

waited for him to get home then i called our version of an EPU (which I didn't even know existed! thought I'd have to go to emergency) who said to come in if I want to and they'll see what going on. went in at 10pm, straight through to see a nurse who took all details and medical history and she kept saying "bleeds can happen for all sorts of reasons. it might not mean the worst" aand in my head I was like "yeah right" as i had a mmc last dec so blood means bad.

doctor came in ang they did and internal (yuk and ouch, nothing like a smear test, with a giant torch so they could see (tmi again but i had my eyes closed and DH had to tell me after as he was horrified)) they could hardly see anything and cervix closed. so far so good. then another doctor came in to do a really quick ultrasound (at that point they were still worried about possible ectopic even though I had a scan at 6 weeks which showed all fine). i had a quick glance at the screen and could just see gestational sac thats it so looked away and the docs said "we'll just have a look and then tell you whats going on" i was already sort of resigned to the fact all may not be well so just stared into space until they said "there it is and there's the fetl pole" lo and behold there is out little one still fine, heart still beating. Dh got to come around and see it too which was lovely. I'm still a bit surprised I think that its all ok.

they said I have a rather large cyst on my ovary so am having another formal scan today and they will measure baby and check everything out but they said it was an, I can't remember the word but some sort of contusion on the cervix that caused the bleeding and is classified as a threatened mc. no bed rest or anything just taking it a bit easier, no lifting anything heavy at all like washing or shopping.

sorry that was so long, i always feel the need to tell the whole story! I'll let you know how this other scan goes later on today

Replies

• Hope everything goes ok xx

• Oh, Mrslennon, sorry you're having more worries. So glad little beanie is still there. Hope you have encouraging results from your scan later today. X
  • Hope all goes OK for you today - what a worrying 24hrs. Take care x

• How's everything Mrslennon? Been thinking of you. X
  • thanks sah83. all is fine at the moment and second scan was fine so just have to take it easy the next few weeks and wait til 12 weeks. going to be tough mentally as i had mmc last time and didnt find out til 12 week scan but i am out out positive energy and crossing my fingers!!

• Mrs Lennon, hope you are doing well.

I had a similar thing, so having a scan at epu tomorrow morning, have fingers crossed. They did a pg test and was still +ve....crossing my fingers too.

• Only just saw this, how did you go Claire??