Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013

Headaches anyone

Is anyone else experiencing really awful headaches? I feel terrible and can't shift them.x

Replies

• Hi Mummy2bn2, Im not but I remember them with my first and its awful not being able to take anything. I had them around 14 weeks and I used Forehead, it helped but not as good as painkillers, I think I had them for about a week or so then they went. Im sure its to do with the lovely HCG levels rising.

Hope they shift soon for you.

xxx

• g/c from DID - I  feel your pain! paracetamol and lots of rest and sleep. Keep your fluid intake up aswel as dehydration will make it worse. I hope you feel better soon x x

• Hi Blue Star, I didnt think you were meant to take any painkillers during pregnancy? I know with my first the Chemist wouldnt even sell them to me!

xxx

• Thanks girls I have been using that 4head stick,pretty rubbish but took the edge off I suppose.doesntnhelp that tea is making me feel sick, it did with first pregnancy too and I am normally a big tea drinker, so I think it's a bit of withdrawal as well as the rising hcg levels. On the plus side at least I know it's signs that I am pregnant!!!x
  • Lol! Probably is withdrawals, I love my tea as well, fortunately I havent gone off it but Ive gone over to decaf and its not quite as good! till having one sneaky caffeinated one in the morning to keep the headaches away! xx

• Doctor has always said paracetAmol only nothing else is fine. Chemist has sold it no probs. I always think they say its safe coz it doesn't do very much anyway x