Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013

Saying goodbye to our bean

Looks like it wasn't meant to be. Have been having bleeding so went to epu for a scan. Couldn't find a heartbeat. I am so sad...sat on sofa crying...

Now have to decide what to do next....does anyone have any advice? Would really appreciate it.

Replies

• I am so sorry you are going through this. It is never easy. Have the dpi said anything at all on how to deal or if any treatment is needed? Big hugs x
  • Im so sorry hun to hear that, I couldnt just read and run but sadly i dont have any advice i can give you but to talk to your doctor and close friend / partner about it your not alone.  Sending you big hugs xxxx

• Hi Claire531,

So sorry to hear this. I also had a missed miscarriage back in November, although they asked me to go back in a week just to make sure I hadn't got my date wrong, when we went back there was still no heart beat and it had shrunk slightly rather than doubled in size as they would have expected. I was given 3 options 1) let it come away naturally 2) have it surgically removed 3) take medication to induce a miscarriage. At first I opted got 1) but got home and realised that I couldn't bear the wait and not knowing when it would happen so I went back to the hospital for option 3. I felt that this would be better as you know exactly when it will happen. They gave me a pill there and then and then 2 days later I had to insert some pills. Once i inserted them, within the hour I started to cramp and bleed.

Only you can decide which option is right for you but I felt that option 3 was better managed as you can make sure your at home and you have all your comforts around you. I hope this has helped you a little bit, I know you feel really crap right now but it will get easier I promise x take care xxx
  • Hi claire, im really sorry to hear this. With regards to your options, only.you can decide what you feel is best for yourself, but my experience is this... I had a mmc and I decided to let things happen naturally. Unfortunately things didnt go well and I needed emergency treatment. If it was to happen again I personally would opt for the erpc straight away. Look after yourself and take it easy xxx
  • Hello ladies,

Thanks for all your messages.

Just to update you all. We went for the surgcal option. And I think it was right for us. My husband has been amazing and whilst I know it will take time, we have come to the realisation that it was not meant to be, and something was not working out right.

Thanks again ladies x x x