Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where is everyone?

It is very quiet here I am guessing you are all on the Facebook thing but I don't know how to send you guys a message on here to join! I am on an iPad don't know if that's why. How is everyone?have lots of people had scans? Xx

Replies

• Hello mummy2bn2. im not on the facebook forum either so tend to stick to this! How are you keeping? what is your due date? Im now 10 weeks along and relatively symptom free. Gone off coffee urgghhh and have been quite tired up until this week but seem to be a bit better now. No sickness or nausea really. Scan is on the 19th. so excited. Whats your news?

• Hello - I'm not in the FB group either, but have kind of given up on here, as I guess everyone else is, hence the reason there are no posts in our forum. Bit sad really.

I'm 14+3 today. All going well, scan was fine (got put forward 4 days so new due date is Dec 29th!) and I am starting to feel much better. Got my next appt with the midwife next Monday, and 20 wk scan booked for August 17.

Already in some of my old maternity clothes as I have a small bump and they are just so much more comfortable!!

Good to hear there's a few of us still around in this forum! Take care ladies.

x

• Hi I can't join fb group either as can't send a PM on iPhone! My scan is on Thursday when I will be 11+6! Very nervous! Had 2 people offer me seats on tube today and mum, mil and sil both say I have a bump which is scary!! This is my first but previously lost loads of weight so I wonder if my skin has more give than other first timers!

Good luck with the scan Nic45. Very exciting!!!
  • Oh woohoo, there are some of us still here! I am 11+2 now and have been quite sick but feeling better, more nausea than anything. Got scan on Monday and seen midwife. Been getting a lot f shooting pains but no bleeding so hope it's just stretching! I will believe it more when I have had a scan.got a 19 month old driving me insane so busy with that.

Kind of worrying about how we are going to cope financially but I guess you just do don't you, but I feel it's taking away a bit of the excitement and having a toddler who is most def going through terrible twos is hard work emotionally and physically!!!!!!

Xxx
  • Morning Ladies i'm still here to I must admit yes most of us are also on facebook but ive been popping on here to see if there is anyone else wanting to chat but no one has.  If any of you want to join facebook please just let me know and i will get you added. 

So how is everyone been Ive had a little stressfull time went on holiday to america and ended up in A and E cos of bleeding but all went well bubba was fine and moving measured 9+2 weeks back then but i have to say since then i have just worried even more and cant wait now till tomorrow when i have my 12 week scan preying all is still ok, dont about any of you all i have heard this last week is bad news from people about there babies and am a little fed up with it really it just makes me then think bad thoughs about mine, which is know i really shouldnt.  Have any of you been like thinking like me or am i just being mad. 

So are you showing any bumps yet lol i have already outgrown my work uniform and got my maternity uniform the other day which looks so comfy and cannot wait to put it on.

xxx

• Mummy2bn2 - I know exactly where you are coming from on the financial and toddler fronts!! I worry too about money, but people manage and I'm sure we will somehow?! Some people may say it's iresponsible to have another child if you can't afford it, but we always wanted 2 and didn't one DD to be an only child, so somehow we'll work through it.

DD is 22 months old today and has been having terrible tantrums and doing a lot of screaming, which I know is partly down to the frustration of not talking properly yet. But I feel we are having more good days than bad. Fingers crossed.

I am feeling really shattered this week - we went to a  wedding on Sat and it was 1.30am when I got to bed. That would wipe me out at the best of times, but being pregnant too it's really floored me. Hoping to leave work at lunchtime and see if I can sleep this after while DD at nursery.

Nice to hear from everyone. x

• Yeah I know we are I the same position wanted my children close together andnwenbothnwork but I guess we will just manage it!! I am shattered and have lots of headaches but feeling a wee bit better. No bump whatsoever but didn't look pregnant until about 7 months with my first.x
  • Hi girls. So i am the furthest behind you all grrrr lol. (EDD 31th Jan - roughly!)Thankfully the tiredness has not reappeared too badly - just normal after a days work but nothing out of ordinary this week!

My working hours in work are changing in the next few months and i know we will be financially very tight but im pretending to myself its not going to be much of a difference! will be so glad to get down to 3 days a week instead of 5. The thought of working 5 days with 3 children is so stressful!!!

Charlotte76 yes i must admit that im suffering with some anxiety about this pregnancy and my scan - mostly due to lack of symptoms as well i think. Roll on my scan on 19th!

• Hello, can I join you please?

Have been too scared to post till now, as have had 2 mc before DD who is now 2.5.  Had scan last week and woke up 12wks, but measured 12+6, so have managed to skip a week!  Due 3rd Jan, DD will be 3 on 21st Jan, so expenisve time of year for us from now on with Christmas and birthdays!

Looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

• Hi everyone I still come on here every now and then but manly use fb.

Don't worry nic45 I am also very behind, due the 27th jan.

I still feel very tired all the time and off most foods. This is baby no 3 and this has been the hardest pregnancy so far but my last so plan to enjoy every single day of it x
  • Hello yatg1 welcome and congratulations. Hope you are keeping well.

Hello mummy22littlegirls, yeah have to admit i am being repulsed by certain foods too. Coffee is making me sick and the thought of cooking the chicken in the fridge for tonight is making me gag. lol. I am also having to snack, mostly unhealthily on crisps to settle my stomach. while im writing this im realising that maybe im not as symptomless as i thought! Are you nervous at the thought of juggling 3? i am, although i have a bigger gap this time, my youngest will be 4 and a half and eldest will be 6. Bought a pregnancy mag at weekend which made be excited and im enjoying reading baby names books. Although feel a bit of a fraud, as if im not properly pregnant yet!!

• Omg nic45 I am the same, I am sat on the sofa dreading having to get up and cook the chicken in the fridge for our dinner lol i am very excited about number 3. I only had a 1 year gap between dd1 and dd2 ( aged 2 years 8 months & 1 year 8 months) and that worked so well, so im hoping baby number 3 will fit in as good as dd2 did. The first 12 weeks with a new born and 2 toddlers will be hard but so worth it x
  • I'm scared about how I am going to cope with one let alone three!!! I really admire you!

Got lots of cramps today but think they may be gas (at least I hope so). So nervous about my scan tomorrow. Get a tight stomach and sick feeling when I think of it!
  • I know what you mean about the cooking, it's so hard to fight through the thought and cook! I am supposed to be making a beef casserole and cannot tolerate the smell of beef cooking at the best of times let alone today which is a bad day! On holiday this week but really can't be bothered with work, toddler and being pregnant! Only 5 months to work left!!! Good luck with scan fridaybride let us know how it goes.

• Just had my scan and all is fine. Thought I was 11+5 but dated today at 12+6! So now edd is 11 January.
  • Just wanted to say thanks to all of you DIJ13 mums-to-be who have not left BX for FB! We love reading your posts, and following your progress through pregnancy, so please stay in touch with one another and keep posting. We really appreciate your loyalty! Thanks, Web Ed

• Yeah glad I posted on here the other day coz it was very quiet!

Wow fridaybride a whole week later, funny that, we're you quite sure of your dates too or side have irregular periods? I can't wait for mine I keep,worrying something is wrong!

Xx
  • Thanks mummy2bn. I wasn't sure of my dates as I was two weeks late before I got a bfp! I had a scan at what I thought was 8 weeks (due to previous mc) and they pushed it back to 6. Then today I got pushed forward a week!!

Just told our close friends and family and have to tell work tomorrow!!!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Morning all how is everyone doing. 

I had my scan yesterday and all was fine looking heathly apart from it wouldnt behave already, lying on its head and wouldnt move took ages to measure me. 

Mummy2bn2 i know how you feel i have been worrying sick about baby but once you see it on the scan it does your mind at rest and your start to enjoy the pregnancy then. image

xx

• Ah thats brilliant fridaybride id love that to happen to me! Im predicting around the end for me so will despair if they actually say early feb ahhhh! ( thought i count myself lucky in any way!).

Mummy2bn2 and mummy22littlegirls, when is your scan? i opted not to make the chicken the other night as it was really grossing me out, so my oh made pizza instead. Didnt repulse me! I need to stop eating so many crisps to 'settle my stomach' lol. i had been so good since jan healthy eating and managed to lose almost a stone and a half and now me being me, i can talk myself so easily into these things again!!!