Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How is everyone?

Hi ladies sorry been working so much had notice to do anything!!! How is everyone? I am feeling much better, sickness seems to be subsiding now! Still no bump now 15+5! Is everyone else getting bumps and feeling anything yet? Got my midwife appointment next week! Can't wait still don't feel pregnant! Hope you are all ok. X

Replies

• Hi mummy2bn2!! I'm beginning to have more energy thankfuly and morning sickness has all but gone!. However yesterday I started having bad pubic bone pain which surprised me as I'm only 14wks! Had it with my 2nd baby frm around 20wks but didn't expect it without a bump this time!I read online an apparently its just ligaments n uterus stretchin again and also uterus is just above pubic bone at this stage so suppose it makes sense! I'm now afraid of it stayin with me the whole way through and gettn worse with bigger bump, yikes!! Though can't wait to have a proper bump again! X
  • Hello ladies, well the fact thats its past 2am suggests feeling rubbish, heartburn everyday but for the last 2 days i have had the most painful hip and lower back so much so that i am off work!18 +4 with my little boy so not expecting pain yet! i brought a doppler aswell, which seems quite popular so i check in on him once a week, very comforting! roll on mat leave!

decorating nursery at the moment so thats keeping my husband busy, circus theme at mothercare, wonder if any one else has started? hope everyone is well

love george

• Oh dear girls that doesn't sound good, my back is playing up a bit again but my main problem just now is constipation! Sorry tmi! It's awful, feel so bunged up then over dd the orange and apricots!!!then had terrible cramps. No sickness now unless something turns my stomach. Got a bit of a pot belly but no bump, tought I felt a few flutters the other day too!

• Hi Ladies - I am finding this pregnancy much harder than the first - I'm just knackered all the time! Comes from running round after a 23mth toddler I suppose.

Sickness has finally gone and I'm eating much better. Mummy2bn2 - I have had the most awful constipation too - but am taking Fybogel every evening now and that has helped enormously (my mum gets it on prescription so haven't had to buy it!!). Nic45 I had the pubic bone thing too which surprised me so early on, but it seems to have eased off a little. The only thing that really hurts is when I pull my wellies off on the doorstep - ouch in that area!!

Have got a nice bump now and feeling movements every day, though quite sporadic, but I guess baby still has lots of room to move about and hide yet. Got my 20wk scan a week on Friday - can't wait.

For those with other children, when did you tell them about baby? I still feel ours is a little young to understand but then she understands everything you say so I don't know why I should think that!!

x

• I had my booking appointment today (at17+4) MW said my old doctors were naughty not to refer me and do bookings earlier (they refused to because I was moving). Especially as it turns out my old hospital is in the same trust. Doing a 19 week appointment to discuss blood test results then on to normal appointments!
  • MrsT04 we told ours aftr 12wk scan. Had hoped to wait a while until I hide a bump amd wudnt be so long for them to wait but some young cousins knew so had to tell. They are 4 and 6 so old enough to understand.

Thankfully the pubic bone pain has more or less subsided. No flutterings yet (15wks) was around this time with my 2nd so I'm sure it'll happen in next week or 2. Tiredness is the main complaint but am off work so have lots of time to rest!

Hope everyone else is enjoying this time image
  • Hello ladies I'm 18+4 today, almost half way through pregnancy, can't believe it! Sorry for those with back pain.. I've been having constipation too, quite painful, urgh.. Work makes me so exhausted that I had to leave earlier a couple of times because of being dizzy, faint and shaking all over. I hope I won't have to go off sick, spoke to my manager to spread shifts more, as she had been giving me too much despite our previous discussions..

All in all the baby's healthy, bump is growing, I can feel the kicks every day and they were even strong enough for my hubby to feel them as wellimage Can't wait for 20 week scan on 21st! xxxx

• jollyJoey, you were saying feeling faint, dizzy shaking all over, this is very common, I had this at work once, did a blood sugar and it was 3.6(im a nurse) if this happens to you again have something sugarey and sit down, should change after 10-15 minutes. I now keep dextrose tablets in my pocket, failing that, refreshers!

• Yes that's right! Had this quite regularly with my first 2. I like to refer them as the 'mcshakes' lol. Always have to eat somethng sugary quickly!. Have learned though to snack so I'm not leaving big gaps btw meals which def helps. Petits filousyogurts and apples help as a snack for me and of course a couple of biccies withe a cup of teaimage