Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Spotting

I'm 10 weeks now and for the last 48 hours or so I've had streaks of blood in my CM. I'm trying to be positive especially as I managed to hear the heartbeat yesterday. It's not got any worse but no better either. I have some crampy pains but think they're probably just the same 'growing' pains i've been having all the way through. I'm just noticing them more now. I spoke to EPAU this morning and have got a scan appt for Friday pm. So praying for an early Christmas present and all to be ok with my little bean.

Replies

• Hi penstemon,

Just wanted to say I hope everything goes well for you on Friday & please try not to stress about it too much. I know that's easier said than done, believe me, but I am sure you will be fine.

Please let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you,

Dx
  • Hi penstemon,

I just wanted to say that I know how you feel... I've having just a tiny bit of blood streked cm every couple of days for the past 2 weeks or so. I haven't gone to see anyone about it yet as I have my 12 appt on the 28th. Needless to say I'm crazy anxious about it though.

Good luck and friday and let us know how it goes!
  • How did it go?
  • Scan went fine thanks and the spotting has just about stopped now. Feels such a relief. They said they don't really worry about bleeding unless you are soaking pads. Got to see baby - thankfully just one in there! They measured baby at 10+2 yesterday which was a few days behind where I thought I was but we'll see what the dating scan decides in a couple of weeks. Not sure it was worth all the worry but at least I got to see the bean a bit earlier than planned.
  • thats fab news! i rang my obstetrician and he didn't sound that bothered just said to go to emergency if soaking pads every 2 hours. still freaky seeing blood though isn't it?

My appt is on wednesday so 3 more sleeps :lol: