Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need too vent!

Hiya,

Well im back at work and my word its been awful!

Im working long hours due to heavy workload, travelling every week until March and im shattered. It doesnt help that two senior people shouted at me today in front of other people about something that wasnt really my fault. I cried after they left and I am getting to the end of my tether.

I cant afford to leave my job as I need maternity pay, and i doubt I would get a new job now that im pregnant (and I dont believe i'd qualift for mat pay anyhow).

Im still working now and will be until late, despite being here early this morning! I needed 5 monutes to cry / vent to you ladies!

I just dont know what to do, im worried what impact this stress has on me and bump...

Advice please or even share your work vents!!!

Cheers ladies!

xxx

Replies

• G/C from August...

I am so sorry your work are being so horrid! Do you have an HR? They have a duty of care to you and bump and traveling so much can't be good for either of you...

As for shouting... I hate seniors that do that, I worked for a woman who was just plain mean and had someone in tears each day and I swore the day she made me cry would be the day I left, and it was, but I was terribly lucky to be able to be that drastic! Fight your corner sweetie - for both of you.

Good luck, I hope you get to head home soon.

CeeLou xx
  • G/C but couldn't read and run. I was exactly the same from 6-12 weeks pregnant, things used to annoy me quickly and I remember getting to work late (10.00 supposed to be at work at nine) late due to traffic and not feeling so great in the morning and then crying my eyes out when i got to work because i was late. I remember wanting to leave the job as well because it was just to overwhelming, but you know what after 16 weeks everything was just fine, I actually took a nice holiday at 17 weeks and I came back to work refreshed. So what I'm trying to say is that it's normal to feel this way right now all you need to focus on is your baby and health and you will find as the weeks gone on you will feel much better and begin to like work again. Hope this helps dear.
  • Thanks for your feedback you two!

I worked late again last night but I feel im getting on top of work a little now.

Im constantly shattered which isnt helping things.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend... I know i'll spend my asleep!!!! :lol:

xxx
  • hey hun

Have you told work yet?

Just think you may finish work as soon as May (I am planning last week of may... using some annual leave)

When pregnant they have to do a risk accessment on your role... (meant to be as stress free by law)

E x (sorry for late reply... very quiet on here when i am on... i forget to check)
  • Thanks for you reply hun.

I havent told them yet, I will do soon.

Hope you are well?

xxx
  • Been unwell... colds ect

My DS been poorly as well... so not been ideal...

Got sent home under midwifes orders yesterday... and slept for the longest of times...

I couldn't keep from work if i tried (have a huge bump)

Other then work... how have you been?

E x