Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Double buggies for 2nd babies

I know it's early days but has anyone expecting a 2nd or 3rd started looking at double buggies. My dd will only be two so I want one that will also be a good single when she's grown out of needing to use the pushchair (I'm assuming around 3).

I've been eyeing up the new Phil and Teds Promenade that has just been launched as you can have a car seat and 2nd seat and having a travel system with a newborn is so useful. It also has a lie flat carrycot too. The only drawback is the price. It's around ??780 for the double version but much cheaper than ??1200 for the bugaboo donkey with two seats.

I think we can sell our current bugaboo on eBay for around ??300, plus extra for the car seat adapters, baby cocoon and parasol, so that will help fund a nice new one.

Has anyone else seen any good doubles that they can recommend

Replies

• I have been looking the last few weeks. I was thinking about the iCandy peach blossom but I think the seats are a bit small as my son will be 15 months when baby arrives and also he is quite big. The one I think I am gonna go for is the baby jogger city select. It's about ??800 brand new but I think I might buy it 2nd hand for about ??500. I really can not justify buying it brand new. My current pram is the mamas and papas sola which I love and it's a shame that I am not going to get more use out of it.

Is the Phil and teds prominade brand new out?
  • I was looking at the baby jogger too. It looks good. The promenade is similar but I think a bit more stylish but they are very alike. It's due to be I'm John Lewis, Kiddicare and Mothercare soon so I think in a few months i might try pushing a few. I don't mind getting it a bit early as it can be used as a single anyway x
  • I went back into John Lewis today to look again at baby jogger. Hadn't realised how long it is? Will take dh in to see what he thinks. Went into mothercare but they had no doubles in. Might pop to kiddicare soon to compare them all. Do u know whether they do the I candys?

I googled the Phil and reds promenade and quite like it. Very similar to baby jogger as you say.