Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scan today!!

I've got my scan this afternoon. A bit later at 13 weeks and I'm so scared things have gone wrong. I'm having the nuchal testing done due to my age and I am torturing myself about it. I'm praying that all is ok. I just want to relax and really enjoy this much waited for pregnancy but it's hard. Did anyone else have the nuchal testing at their scan? Xx

Replies

• Hi Katie,

Good luck for today. I am sure it'll all be fine but I know that is easy to say. I have my 12 week scan on Friday and I am very nervous about it.

Yes, I will be having the nuchal test on Friday and I had it done in my last pregnancy too (I am 36 now). Fingers crossed all is OK again this time as it was last time.

Good luck for today.

Try to relax and enjoy seeing bubs again.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

xxx
  • Hi Katie, how did you get on? really hope all is well.

xx
  • Hi Pomki. All was ok thanks. She struggled to get measurements as bubs was very active. Nuchal fold was 2.25mm which she said was in normal range but bloods would be needed to work out risk factor. They couldn't get a drop from me! Got to go back in morning for someone else to try. She said test will be sent off tomorrow and results back in 10 days. Xx
  • Hi Katie,

That's good news about the nuchal fold. Fingers crossed the bloods are OK too - I am sure they will be image. I hope your mind has been put at rest a little with the nuchal fold part anyway.

I hope they manage to get blood from you easily tomorrow.

Take care

xx
  • Me too. Good luck with yours on Friday. Let me know how you get on. Xx
  • glad all was ok xx
  • I had the NT last week and they told me if I was high risk They'd telephone me within a week, otherwise I'd get a letter in 10 days if it was low risk. Haven't heard anything yet and it's been over a week now so I'm hoping all is ok.

I wasn't sure whether to have test but hubby wanted it. Don't know if I could go through further tests if it came back high risk.

Anyhow good luck to those ladies waiting for results/ scan xx