Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012

rollercoaster week....

Hi ladies.

Well i'm having a week of it! I had my lovely 12 week scan on monday, all was fine. had the NT scan aswell.

So we came home, told all the family and my other two DD's. At about 9pm, i went to the loo and i was bleeding! Not just a bit either, bright red with clots. Well, panic isnt the word! Went to primary care and the completely useless doc said go home and take some paracetamol and rest. I had somepains although not unbearable.

So i hardly slept a wink all night, plus i have the worst cough and cold ever!

Next day was trying to get through to the epu and just kept getting answerphone! Eventually got through and they couldnt scan me til thursday. I was so upset. Eventually they rang back and said they ccould scan me weds afternoon.

So another sleepless night, still bleeding although not so heavy by now.

Went for the scan yesterday and luckily sonographer found heartbeat straight away. She couldnt find any reason for the bleeding and cervix was closed- phew.

Bleeding has pretty much stopped now, but i'm so worried it will happen again, i cant even start to be excited.

Got to go and have anti- d injection today as i'm o neg.

I never expected it all to be this traumatic 3rd time round!

xxxxxx

Replies

• Oh goodness no wonder you have been worried, really positive scan though so that's great news!

Stay positive I'm sure everything will be fine xx
  • Glad everything was ok at your scan. It's very good news that the blood is not coming from bubs. I'm sure all will be fine. Try and rest as much as you can and I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and not worry. Let us know how you are getting on. Big hugs. Xx