Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012

my 12 week scan with photos!!! :-)

Hello,

WOW!!!

I had the most amazing day image

We were a little worried about going for the scan as on my last private scan I had a cyst showing on my right ovary and I had managed to work myself up about it.

Upon arriving at the hospital we checked in and were taken straight in for our scan. The sonographer confirmed that we wanted the NT scan, which we did, and off she went.

They don't turn on the TV straight away, I think they do this first to make sure all is okay first, once she'd looked for a seconds (which felt like forever) she asked my hubby to turn on the TV.

The second our bump appeared on the screen I was beyond elated!!! I was taken aback about how real and baby like our bump was as at our 7 and 9 week scan it was more like a little bean.

Our little bump was very active much to our amusement but frustration for our sonograhper as she struggled to get the measurements she needed. We kept laughing as the little bump kept kicking, turning and doing little flips, defiantly a show off!

After about 10 minutes I was asked to empty my bladder to see if that would make the little bump rest a little... well that seemed to do the trick only we soon realized not only was bump a show off he/she was stubborn! LOL image

He/she was facing away from us and the lazy needed him/her to turn around, she got me to go on each side to try and move bump but no luck, she then got me to do some big coughs which did the trick.

All looked good and we were both over the moon, we both cried, it was by far the best experience on my entire life!!! Furthermore the no sight of the cyst!

I hope my uploads work okay, not the best resolution as I took the pic from the photo on my phone and emailed it to myself... it's a little blurred but you can see on one the little mite kicking / showing off!

Best day ever!!!

xxx

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/yrose2011/untitled2.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/yrose2011/untitled-1.jpg

Replies

• Wow YRose - what a lovely day you have had and what lovely pics. You must be so relieved about the cyst. Well done you on oyur lovely, wriggly baby. Great news.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow - nervous and excited all in one!

Take care

xxx
  • thanks hun image

have a great day tomorrow, im sure all will be okay, just enjoy it!

xxx
  • Lovely pic! How did you manage to post it? I'd like to put mine up, but don't know how image

Congratulations on your scan!

Dx
  • Congratulations! Glad it all went really well and you got some fab pics of your baby image

• Great news and lovely pics... mines tomorrow too!! Cant believe how i can be so excited and nervous at the same time xxx
  • Hiya,

d27b I took a photo of it form my phone, emailed it to myself then I uploaded the photo onto photobucket and used the link for forums on there.

There maybe an easier way of doing this but ive always used photobucket for photo posting on forums.

xoxoMrsBxoxo - good luck for today and enjoy it! Dont forget to post your pics!

xxx
  • P.S. they moved my dates closer, ive been dated 3 times, one said 27th July, another 26th July and the one yesterday said 24th July where as I worked it out as being 25th July! lol image

The one I had yesterday was the most accurate so I am really chuffed, im now 12 weeks and 3 days today! exciting!

xxx
  • Great news and what a lovely experience! Mine is Monday so wishing my weekend away already!

Xx
  • Great pics Sheffield - I love the one where it looks like he/she is just about to give you a massive kick!! Sounds like you had a great day, yay!.x.
  • thanks everyone it was amazing, im still buzzing from it!

BennettB2B - good luck for yours, enjoy it!

Trixie - it does look like im about to be kicked, the little bump was deffo a groover so come when I can feel i'll be getting kicked a lot I think! ummm! I cant wait!!!

xxx
  • Hey Sheffield... It was brill..

Got quite a few photos but the 2nd one of your baby waving could be my exact photo!! Hehe.. :lol:

I originally thought 31st July... 1st scan moved to 29th July and now 26th July!! So not far apart at all xxx
  • Hiya xoxoMrsBxoxo I am so happy for you, it means so much doesnt it seeing the little baby moving around.

Wow we are 2 days apart... exciting!!!!

Im soooooo chuffed all went okay for you hun,

xxx
  • I had mine last week too! So emotional seeing little bean for the first time. It makes it all real!

Mine was a wriggler too and wouldn't keep still to be measured.

I have been dated back by a couple of days originally thought 26th July but scan said 29th July. This is not good as i am supposed to be Matron of Honour at my sisters wedding on 4th August!! Don't think i will make it somehow!