Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012

Are you getting a bump?

Hello everyone,

Me again... Are you all showing yet?

I have a small bump already! Nothing really fits me anymore so I've invested in some maternity clothes.

How are you ladies getting on? Are you showing / putting on more weight yet?

Xxx

Replies

• I think I def have a bump already. Not sure if it's from eating to many biscuits though. Lol. With my first baby I didn't show for a long time and my bump always looked quite small.
  • glad im not the only one, but its my first so im worried that im showing so much already!!!

big baby alert! lol image

xxx
  • I'm huge. I popped out about 11 weeks. Look about 4 months already. First baby too. People keep asking if it's twins and when I assure them it's not due to scans they ask if I'm sure one is not hiding!! Xx
  • Yep, me too! Personally I could see the beginnings of my bump at about 8 weeks - nobody else would have known but I could already see a change. I think especially if you're slim-ish to start with then the bump starts to show as there's nowhere for it to hide! By 12 weeks I think it was obvious to people that knew me that I had a bump, although I guess people who didn't know me might have thought I was just bloated :lol: Now at 15 weeks I think it's a fairly obvious baby bump as it's definitely popping out noticeably. I went swimming the other day and in a tight swimsuit there was no question at all I was pregnant!! I love it, bring on the big bump, I can't wait!!.x.
  • Katie - Ive been asked if im having twins too, which im not, so I am just big / fat! ha ha! I am tall (5"8 and a size 12 normally) so maybe thats why im showing???

Trixie - I know what you mean, I love the fact I have a bumo already! im just suprised how early I am showing image

xxx
  • Now I've got my maternity jeans on you can see the bump shape quite clearly. My lower belly has merged with the flabby bit at the top making me look a lot more pregnant than I really am lol
  • I started showing about 8 weeks. I aksed the midwife why and she said it is because i am skinny and have narrow hips. Your intestines, bowel etc usually move around your midddle but if you are small then they go up and make your bump look bigger! I look much further along than i am.

I was convinced we were having twins as they run in the family but they only found one at the scan.
  • never lost my bump from my son.... just not as soft anymore lol
  • Yes I have a bump. This is my second and it just seems to have popped out - took much longer last time.
  • I have an obvious bump and its only my first???

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/yrose2011/SDC18035-2.jpg

im not having twins or eating crazy amounts???

xxx