Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When do you feel your baby moving?

Hiya ladies,

As this is my first I am unsure when I am meant to start feeling our little bean move?

I am so excited about it starting, I know it will be longer once I feel it then hubby will be able to feel it but I was just intrigued when roughly it starts?

Has anyone who is due early July started to feel this yet?

xxx

Replies

• First time around 18 weeks, this time from 14 weeks but not that regularly yet. To me the very first movements feel like a muscle twitching - you know like when you get a twitchy eye! Some people describe it as a popping feeling.

Its normal not to feel anything until 20 weeks
  • lol so a few weeks for me to go yet... thanks ladies for your responses.

I am nearly 15 weeks so maybe at least another 3 weeks to wait if not 5... sigh.... I can't wait!

xxx
  • First time around it was 18 weeks (a proper kick). I'm feeling flutters now at 14 weeks, but not any big thumps yet.
  • same as the others really. Around 18 weeks first two times (2nd one anterior placenta)

This time i have felt a few twitches and pops since 12 weeks. Not that frequent but i know it's the baby as its directly in line with my tummy button but lower down.

I'm looking forward to definite kicks!

Some ladies don't feel anything til after 20 weeks apparently.It wont be long for you now!

xxx
  • With baby one it was around 17 weeks. This time I've felt movement from around 11 weeks. Only every few days I feel something light. I think it's because I know what it feels like this time.

I've never experienced popping and it's hard to describe as to me it does feel like a baby squirming around! I think your other half won't feel anything on the outside for quite a while.
  • My little man I felt from 14 weeks, but this baby I've only felt since 15 1/2 weeks. However, this little one I have felt actually bumping out my belly from 12ish weeks - There will literally be a little lump (baby-sized) in a random spot on my lower belly.

Last time hubby felt baby move at 20weeks. Waiting until proper movements to tell our son about his baby brother/sister so he can feel.

• This is my first and I felt the first flutters at dead on 16 weeks, to me it really feels like butterfly flutters. Then on Friday when I was 17+2 I felt a proper 'kick', it was 3 really small kicks - but definitely kicks rather than flutters. I haven't had such definite kicks since then but the flutters are getting much stronger, I guess it depends on how the baby is positioned as to how strong you feel the flutters/kicks. Can't wait for the more definite kicks to become regular as it was so amazing!! Enjoy them when they start, it's the best feeling image .x.
  • Hi, I'm 15+3 and had my midwife appointment today where she asked if I'd felt baby yet. I think I've felt flutters, but put it down to wind (although really, I think it's the little one). This is my second & she said that I'd probably feel movements earlier this time that with my first. I think (but can't really remember) that it was about 18 weeks last time, so am really looking forward to feeling some proper movements soon!

Hope you don't have too long to wait,

Dx