Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

im showing loads and its my first?

Hiya ladies,

I have a huge bump and am showing loads and its only my first baby.

Im bigger then 3 ladies who are all pregnant, one due the same time as me, the others are 1 month ahead of me the other is 3 months ahead of me!!!

Its not fat as the bump is firm and solid but its huge! im only 15 weeks and 2 days and I look like im in my third trimester!

The lady due the same time as me isnt even showing yet.

What is going on???

Im not having twins, eating crazy amounts of food or anything silly so what is going on???

xxx

Replies

• Hi, I wish I was showing more!! Still only a little podge!

I don't think it necessarily means anything baby should only be 4 inches or less so it might be your uterus has grown more quickly and you may gradually show more over the next few weeks image

Enjoy showing off your bump can't wait for mine image xx
  • I'm exactly the same.I spoke with my midwife about this today and she assured me it's ok. I told her I was worried that if I was this big already, what would I be like at 7 months. She said some ladies do have an early spurt but things will even out as time goes on. I'm doing my best to enjoy my bump as much as I can. I can't believe we are already in February. July will be here before we know. Xx
  • I'm huge too and its my first!

Was also going to mention it to the midwife next week.. not sure what im hoping she will tell me though!

On a plus a friend of mine who is due to have a c-sec with her 1st next week (breech baby) was showing really early and hasnt gotten massive now its the end!!

Maybe its because we were soooo slim in the first place our little beans have nowhere to go :lol: thats what im telling myself anyway!! image xx
  • Lol! image

My appetite has really kicked in now, I'm hungry all the time now so I'm worried I will get HUGE!

I'm almost convincing myself there is a hidden twin in there! Ha ha!

Glad im not the only one.

Xxx
  • i wouldnt worry sheffield. You might find that you will slow down, and wont get that big later on. I was big with my first too. when i was 20 weeks, people thought i was due! By the end though i wasn't enormous. All our bodies are different so dont compare your bump to the other ladies or you will worry!

xxxxxxxx
  • I've got big quickly too, in fact it feels like I am further on than I am but I have been assured that this is normal with the second pregnancy. I have felt movements much earlier too, which is lovely. I do think that my bump has slowed down a little over the last few days. I often have what I call "stretch days" where my tummy is really uncomfortable for a couple of days & feels like it's being stretched. After that I usually notice a difference in my bump size.

Don't worry, I got very big very quickly last time but then stayed the same towards the end. I'm just looking forward to the bump being a proper firm bump as opposed to a more wobbly lump image

Dx
  • Hiya,

Thanks for the responses ladies! image

Well another week and there is no hiding my obvious bump! I am showing very fast much to everyones amusement. I keep being asked if im having twins, eating "well" and if I have my dates right (I do the scanner confirmed this).

As this is my first I shouldnt showing as early but I arent too fussed, I quite like my bump as long as all is okay.

I might just have had a growth spurt and may calm down a little now?

Hope you are all well and enjoy the "bloom" 2nd trimester?

xxx