Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Counting down to last day at work

So, I'm already counting down to my last day in the office. I'm due on 28 July but think my last day in the office will be Friday 29 June. I had a month off beforehand last time and it was great. Plus it will give me time to tidy up and spend time with my 2 year old before she has to 'share the love'.

When is everyone else heading off?

Replies

• Options
    Hi TriTread, we are both due on the same day ;o)

I like your idea of finishing a month early - that sounds like heaven. Are you working full time or part time at the moment? I do 3 days a week, and was also thinking of finishing about a month before due day - maybe take holiday for 2 weeks, then start mat leave.

I also have a toddler who will be 26 months when baby no.2 comes along. IS your LO in nursery and will they be staying when baby comes along?

NTT xx
  • Options
    I work 5 days in 4. I'll be taking 2-3 weeks holiday before starting mat leave.

My LO will be 28 months when No 2 is due. She is currently in nursery 2 days a week. I'll be taking her out of her current nursery (as it's near work not home) but placing her in a new nursery closer to me. Probably 2 mornings a week.
  • Options
    My baby is due on 15 th July and my last day at work will be 15th June. That gives me 4 weeks off with my 3 yo before new one come along. Although if I decide to have a c.section then I'll probably only get 3 weeks off. I work full time at the moment , I may use some of my holiday and take one day off a week in the few weeks running up to maternity leave. Still a bit undecided. But definitely on the countdown image
  • Options
    Hiya,

I'm due on 24th July and will take 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks maternity leave (thus 4 weeks off) before my due date, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm so busy at work at the moment I'm finding it hard work so looking forward to leaving work for my mat leave.

I have to use 5 weeks hol before may leave, so I'm having 2 weeks in June (as mentioned above), a week off in feb, April and may! That's helping me break my remaining time into chunks. I'm so sleepy at the end of the work day at the moment.

Interesting thread - thanks for posting!

Xxx
  • Options
    I was planning on finishing on 8th July, which is just two weeks before my EDD. I think, in reality, that will need to be a bit earlier and may end up finishing 4 weeks before. As I am planning a c-sec, that will probably happen a week before my EDD, so 4 weeks leave would make sense.

It's a lot to think about & I think I need to really get saving. I've already got a pot of savings put to one side, but every penny counts at the moment.

Dx