Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012

20 week scan : )

Yay, just got back from my 20 week scan and all was perfect! Very excited as that was a really big milestone in my head; making sure that all the measurements and organs look good at this stage as it's so important! We are staying team yellow so no announcements there, but the scanner got a good look at it all whilst we turned away and she said the genitalia was all normal which is nice to know image Bubs was being pretty well behaved today so the scan was nice and easy and we got some beautiful shots of pretty much everything, handprints, footprints etc as well as seeing the baby swallowing and waving which was adorable. Also got some great 4D images, and however biased I may be I can say that we have a very cute little baby in there, hehe.

Anyway, hope you are all well and good luck with all the 20 week scans still to come

Replies

• Aw congrats hun so exciting image can't wait for mine!

Are you going to share your pics?

Xx
  • That is wonderful news. Got mine on 5th March and can't wait!! Xx
  • Yay! I think it all seems much more real after the 20 week scan when you've seen the baby again and know everything is ok. Mines the 8th March and I'll be 21+2 as we had to move it back due to being away in holiday. I can't wait x
  • Glad it all went well. Was it hard to turn away so that u didn't find out the sex. Got my scan next week and still undecided whether to find out sex. I would like to but my husband doesn't want to. I am a bit worried that I won't be able to look away.
  • Yea I'll try to add some pics later, hopefully they come out ok, although even the pictures they gave us aren't as clear as the dvd! But I will add them so you can have a little look image

Bebedeux, I defintely agree, I don't think I had realised how much I was waiting for the 20 week scan and now it suddenly feels really really real! I realised I've relaxed a lot since it and am even more excited now, it was so good to get that definite all clear!

honey - it was a little bit difficult turning away, I was tempted! But, I really do want the surprise, I really believe there are so few true surprises in life and this is one of them so I want to keep it that way. I also think to myself that at that last stage of labour when I have to give the last big push I can have the extra incentive of wanting to know what we have!! Haha, maybe that's a little strange but I think it might help me :lol: Hubby and I actually just looked at each other instead of both turning away, that was nice because we were doing it together and we kind of felt like we were keeping each other strong not to look!

Anyway I will try and add a couple of pics now, and massive GOOD LUCK to you all with your scans! Can't wait to hear the news and see some pics!.x.
  • Here we go!

Bubs with his/her hand by her face:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/trixie851/b3cd6400.jpg

Bubs with mouth open swallowing!

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/trixie851/b9ad2d9a.jpg

Bubs looking ready for a fight, hehe:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/trixie851/410cae10.jpg

Bubs sleeping peacefully:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/trixie851/d1dcf8fd.jpg

• Great pics, he/she looks very cosy in there x
  • wow, theyre really great pictures image xx
  • lovely pics, those are so clear and great to have in 4d.

xxx
  • oh how cute!!!! image

Thanks fro sharing

xxx
  • Fab pictures! Can't wait till our 4d scan... only 9 weeks to go lol and since we don't wanna be team yellow (we are just too nosey so well done you!) we'll then find out the gender.

• Ah thanks girls. Spring - can't wait to see your 4d pics, bubs will be so much bigger by then it'll be even better and even though I'm not finding out the sex I get so excited for other people! Hope you're all well.x.