Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012

Your last day??

As of Friday I'll be on the 16 week countdown...my last day is Friday 29 June....come on mat leave. It's wierd - with my first one I was worried about leaving and now it can't come fast enough!!

Replies

• ha ha I know what you mean, I cant wait for my mat leave to start!!!

I have holiday allowance to use so unsure when I will leave work, but mat leave starts 6th July but I may take 2 weeks off on holiday before this so last day in the office would be 22nd June... exciting!!! image

Im debating if to work an extra week and leave for mat leave on Friday 13th but the date is off putting (lol) and I maybe just too exhauseted by that time? I will use up 2 weeks holiday regardless before my official mat leave date so thats good.

Cant believe we are at the stage of talking about mat leave dates, feels like only days since we all got pregnant and talked about first trimester symptons etc.

Exciting times....

xxx
  • I know I know.

I was going to leave at 37 weeks last time but was just a bit fed up by the end so went at 36 weeks. Going to do the same this time.

I'm hoping to keep my LO in nursery twice a week so for a whole FOUR weeks (if I'm not early), I get two days of chilling out/watching trashy TV.
  • i think i will be finishing near the end of May!!! i need to use my whole quota of annual leave which is 6 weeks. so will take that before my mat keave starts! only 10 weeks to go!

xxx
  • I'm finishing end of May too when i'll be 34weeks. Have 3 weeks of annual leave before mat leave starts on 16th June. I had SPD last time and don't think i'll be able to manage 12 hour shifts and nights much longer than that!