Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 week scan :)

Had my scan today. The sonographer was not the most amenable lady i have ever met but she was professional and did explain what she was doing.

Even though i have had two babies, i still felt so nervous, then so relieved when i saw baby moving about. Then when everything appeared to be healthy with baby i felt amazing! Baby was being a bit awkward so i have to go back for them to look at the heart again as they couldnt see the ventricle flow.

Happy mummy today!

Love to hear about everyone else's scans too xxx

Replies

• Hi Milly's Mum,

I'm really glad all seems well. When do you have to go back to finish looking at the heart?

As for being nervous even though it's your third - I am even thought it's my second. I think it's only natural. I have my 20 week scan on Friday so will post after that image

Do you feel this one move much yet? As I said, this is my second. everyone says you should feel things sooner but I haven't really - although I think I just felt something :lol: !!!

Take care

xx
  • By the way, did you stay team yellow or are you finding out? We are staying team yellow. We have a Dd but I HONESTLY don't mind and neither does hubby as long as it's healthy and happy so we won't find out - we didn't last time either xx
  • Yay, such great news, glad it all went well! It's a lovely feeling when they tell you everything looks good isn't it? If you get a chance would love to see some of the scan pics!.x.
  • Hi Pomki,

I'm going back in 2 weeks for them to complete the scan. We stayed team yellow, i really want the surprise and don't mind what sex the baby is! I already have two dd's, so everyone naturally assumes we are trying for a boy, which couldnt be further from the truth, but doesnt stop people asking me all the time!!!

I started feeling the baby move at about 18 weeks. Over the last week, i have felt and seen proper kicks! Hubby actually felt a proper one this evening which was really exciting!

good luck for Friday, let us know how yours goes! xxxx