Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stretchmark creams?!

Hiya,

Well it's those little lines which we don't like to see! Strectmarks!!!

Touch wood so far so good, but I'm getting big quick so I'm getting worried. I'm using palmers lotion followed by palmers butter morning and night (it's annoying feeling sticky but I'll try anything).

I'm wondering what you ladies were using?

Are you getting stretchmarks yet?

Im thinking of using bio oil too, but wanted to ask you all about it first.

Be really thankful for your advice ladies image

Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Last time I was lucky and didn't get any stretchmarks. Didn't use any cream in particular, occasionally just E45 as I tend to get eczema flare ups more often in pregnancy. I had lost a lot of weight before I got pregnant last time though (about 3 stones) so don't think the skin had to stretch as much IYKWIM. The bump just refilled the old space :lol:

This time round I am starting a stone heavier than last time though so time will tell. No bump to speak of as yet (20 week scan showed baby really small) so hadn't thought about regular moisturising. I do love the smell of the Boots Sanctuary Mum to be range so maybe i'll treat myself to the body butter.
  • Options
    Well I'm using Bio Oil twice a day and no stretch marks yet...but it's still a long way till the end so time will tell! I'm mainly using it on friends' recommendations as I've got quite a few friends that have had babies recently and they have all sworn by. I'm going to carry on using it as it does make my skin feel nice and moisturised (although beware putting clothes on as soon as you've used it as it does put a bit of an oily mark on your tops if you don't wait for it to sink in!)...however I am sort of a believer that you're probably either prone to stretch marks or you're not. I think some people get away without doing any skin regime and have no stretch marks and others lather stuff on every day and still end up with loads! Hopefully we all have good genes and the moisturising is just an extra help image .x.
  • Options
    I don't think anything stops them to be really honest. You will either get them or not but I think bio oil can help improve the appearance of them afterwards so probably worth trying. I think if youve ever had stretch marks from puberty, weight fluctuations etc it's likely you'll get them again.