Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight Gain

Well...I finally got onto the scales to see what kind of damage I'd inflicted with my cookie, cake and pizza eating. It wasn't too bad. I've put on 14lbs since the start of the pregnancy and I'm 21+3. Probably about 4lbs more than last time but I'm not doing any exercise this time about...who has the time with a small one to run around after.

I reckon I'll probably gain about 32lbs in total (25lbs last time). BUT I remember I lost 21lbs straight after the birth last time...I can only clasp my hands in hope!

Probably could be eating more fruit and less crisps...but heck - isn't that what Weight Watchers was invented for??

Replies

• you are braver then me, I darent weigh myself. I am HUGE!!!

LOL image

XXX
  • I had gained 4 or 5 lbs but after having a sickness bug last week I'm back to 1lb more than when I got pregnant. I'm not worried as I was a good size 16 at the start and my anomaly scan shows the baby is measuring spot on.

I didn't gain much last pregnany. I think I gained around 18lbs by the end and was 10lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight 2 weeks after giving birth. I'm 23 weeks now so imagine I will gain around 10lbs in the next 16 weeks as the baby grows and with extra fluid and placenta etc.

The weight of the baby, placenta, fluid etc is around 25lbs so this should naturally drop off within a few weeks of birth. Anything else will probably require a bit more time with healthy eating and gentle exercise.

Everyone is different and needs different amounts of weight gain depending on starting weight etc