Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FOOD!

Oh my goodness is anyone else just wanting to eat bad stuff all the time?? I'm trying to be extra healthy during pregnancy, I've even been seeing a nutritionist as I just want to try and give bubs a good start and get him/her used to and enjoying the flavour of lots of fruit and veg etc! I do let myself have treats of course, when it's a birthday or special occasion I have my fair share of cake and I can't wait for Easter so I can indulge a little bit in chocolate as I haven't been letting myself have any! Anyway, all I can think about is junk food; crisps, chocolate, cake, biscuits, everything!! Even that advert on tv when the guy turns everything into skittles is making me practically froth at the mouth :lol: How are you all going, are you craving junk food or healthy stuff? Are all your appetites just as good as before? Mine is, even though heartburn has been kicking in recently!.x.

Replies

• I was much healthier the first time round. This time I'm eating way more cake, chocolate and my downfall....cheese & mayo sandwiches. I have tomato in it in some way of kidding myself I'm having one of my five a day.
  • im trying to eat a balanced diet the best I can for various reasons, health of baby and also so i dont gain too much weight.

However as much good stuff I eat I seem to eat some bad stuff too!

I dont think im going crazy, mainly my normal 3 meals but I have a light snack at 11 and 3 and a pudding after my evening meal some nights.

My meals are quite healthy... the pudding isnt! lol image

of the two snacks I have each day I make one fruit the other is whatever I fancy...

xxx
  • I was really good in my first pregnancy, but I must admit I'm purposely eating whatever I want whenever I want at the moment as I am seeing this as my last chance to stuff my face :lol: Luckily my metabolism seems to have sped up at lot and my increasingly squished up stomach makes it impossible to eat big amounts so I don't think I have put on a lot of weight.

Will have to be really really good once baby is here though! My goal is to look fab for my 30th next year...

• Haha, glad it's not just me! Seems like everyone is being pretty good and having a mixture of healthy stuff and some treats. Yesterday I bought my treat for the weekend (I've chosen Saturday night as my treat night!), I bought those mini chocolate caterpillars from M&S...I absolutely LOVE them! They are sitting in the cupboard waiting for me to crack them open, I'm already excited about Saturday night so I can dig into them...although I'll share them with DH as there are 6 in a pack, hehe.

Hope you're all well and enjoying the beautiful weather!.x.