Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

DIJ is quiet again ;o(

Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing?

Just thought I would post to see how everyone is as we seem to have been quiet lately.

I have been shattered all the time and finally got some blood tests taken at the doctors. It confirmed I had low iron and VitB12 levels so have been prescribed iron supplements. I have to have my levels checked in a few weeks and if my B12 levels are still low, I may need injections.

So that explains the tiredness - I knew it was going to be hard having a toddler and being pregnant, but had a feeling my tiredness wasnt just "normal" pregnancy tiredness.

So how is eveyone else doing? Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing a bit more activity on the thread again - it's been too quiet :cry:

NTT xx

Replies

• Hi,

It's is really quiet on here which is a shame. It doesn't bother me that much as it's a 2nd baby but it seems a shame for first time Mums who might benefit from the advice and support.

I wonder if my iron levels have been a bit low as I feel really exhausted. I'm not due to see the mw now until the end of the month so I've bought some sanatogen pregnancy vitamins with 14mg of iron in to take each day.
  • I haven't been on this forum for a while, no excuses really just don't seem to have the time with working full time and looking after 3 year old and feeling absolutely exhausted.

With my first pregnancy I ended up having 3 iron transfusions due to anaemia which wasn't fixed by diet and iron tablets. This time I've started my iron tablets early but still feel like I may be anaemic. Little parasites! image

Anyhow I promise to try and get on here and post more often in future. Hope you are all keeping well x
  • Hey there!

Bebedeux - I would defo speak to doctor or MW if you think that you are suffering with low iron. Depending on how low the levels are, my doctor said that over the counter supplements dont always contain enough to get the levels back up to the required amount.

Joeyjoeyjojo - I don't think wse have you on the due date list. If you would like to be added, let me know your date and which team you are on.

It's exhausting bein pregnant with a toddler isnt it? I often wonder how il cope when the baby does arrive :lol:

NTT xx
  • Can I join the 'knackered with a toddler club' :lol:

DS has a cold at the moment. He's not too bad during the day but at night has been coughing so much that he's been sick. Wednesday night I was up with him every 15 minutes from when I went to bed until half 2 when I gave up and let him sleep on my chest on the sofa. So yesterday naughty mummy stuck cbeebies on and we had a pyjama day, well until he threw up over me and forced me to get dressed image

It's his birthday on Tuesday so we're having a party for him on Sunday afternoon. Trouble is, i'm working 12 hr shifts tomorrow, Saturday night and Monday day! Got to blitz house, prepare food and bake and decorate cake so going to be busy. Will make sure DH has a jobs list before I head off for work in the morning image