Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hospital bag

When do they suggest that your hospital bag is ready from? I still need a few bits but im keen to get it done. Xx

Replies

• I'm due 6th June and mw said on thurs I should have it ready soon!! I panicked and went to primark to buy cheap clothes I can throw away and a few bits from boots.
  • Thanks phat-sue. Best I get things together and get it sorted. Xx
  • Not done mine yet, been told should be done from 34 wks!
  • Mine was ready for about 6 weeks before my due date, then he was 8 days late! And i didn't actually touch it during my labour as it was so quick, and ended up staying in hosp for 8 days so hubby still had to bring me stuff in!

Couple of tips for first timers though - disposable pants are pointless! Get some BIG cheap pants, i had to get my mum to buy me some as i had an emergency section and the pants i had which i though were big sat right on my scar. Also, if you're planning on breastfeeding, Lansinoh is the only nipple cream worth using, cheap ones are pointless, but Lansinoh was a lifesaver! And bear in mind that labour and postnatal wards are like saunas!

• daft question but what do you really need in this bag??? I know there are lots of lists online but what would you are say are the vital things???

xxx

• Hiya, Sheffield - someone put up a really good list in Due In June - just had a check and it was KimmyS84 and it's on page 3 of their forum - worth having a look as it seemed like a really good comprehensive list and I've used it to base mine on!.x.

• oh thats great! thanks trixie image

xxx