Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby monitors???

Hi ladies,

I am trying to decide between the Angelcare video & movement sensor baby monitor and a samsung video monitor..I know I definately want a video monitor just cant decide whether or not to get the movement sensor pad as I have heard a few mixed reviews!!

Any suggestions ladies?

Thanks

xx

Replies

• We have the movement sensor and used it with our first daughter. I found it so reassuring and don't think I would have ever slept otherwise as you worry so much about cot death when they're tiny. They can be a pain and go off when they start wriggling but as long as you don't freak out if it goes off and just go and check you'll probably do d them sideways and off the mat. I would recommend it for your peace of mind and anxiety levels!
  • I just got the <span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: #666666; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19px;">Angelcare video & movement sensor monitor, I did quite a lot of research and overall it has great reviews, and I know a few mummies that have it and swear by it. Like Bebedeux says, for me the peace of mind will be invaluable I think, I want to try and reduce my anxiety levels as much as possible and hopefully by having this I won't be running in to check on bubs every 5 minutes!.x.

• Thanks ladies, I think I will go for the angelcare with camera/video..bit expensive but for the peace of mind I think it will be worth it...I really want the video for when baby is a bit older so I dont need to keep popping into the room when I dont need to and wake/distract baby!

here's hoping it will save us all some stress image

xx

• Yea, fingers crossed FifiTrixiB for less stress!!

P.s sorry about all the crazy text in my previous post, don't know what happened there!.x.

• Angelcare movement monitor great for peace of mind - those early days we still had to check him every 5 mins though even with it on we were that paranoid! Never had any problems with it going off though, even now he is in his big cotbed, the sensor is near the bottom of the bed where i put him, and he ends up at the top by morning and it still works fine. It did however often go off in the first few weeks when i forgot to switch it off for the middle of the night feeds and changes - usual got to the 15 seconds just as i'd taken his nappy off!

Also, i would get the video bit too, we got a separate video monitor once he was in his own room, so cost us just as much as it would if we'd just bought the angelcare video to begin with!

xxx

• I worry the video and movement monitors would make me even more paranoid just watching the monitor - anyone used either before and got any advice? My sister has sound and temperature only and loved it but the movement ones do appeal to me... Arrgghhh too many choices!
  • Well ive ordered the angelcare video/movement monitor....Im hoping it wont make me more paranoid!!! So excited for it to come so I can get a getter idea of how it works!!

79 days to go...cant believe how quickly my pregnancy has gone!!

xx