Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09

drinking too much?

Hi ladies, im new on this forum but havent been registered on the website for a while but havent had chance to be on here for ages!

I would like some advice if possible?

My son is 21 months and is much slimmer than my daughter was at the same age. he is constantly on the go though so it could be that.

when he had a check up just before he turned one, the health visitor said that although she wasnt concerned, she did comment that he was lighter than he should be (hes very tall) and asked if I was feeding him a good diet.

although he eats every food going, he eats very little but often but what im concerned about is that he constantly wants to drink. he can go through at least six 8oz cups/bottles a day of either milk or very watered down sugar free squash. as soon as hes finished one, he often asks for another.

my friend who has a son of a similar age said that her son is the same; however im concerned because my son's dad, nanny and great grandad have type 2 diabetes and my auntie has it to.

should I be worried?

Replies

• i could have wit this myself hun my boy is 21 months and drinks like a fish all day mainly milk and juice anything as long as its fluids lol he is also very tall but as got bit chub rugby built iv been told my partner is insulin dependant diabetic as was my grand parents and aunts my son also gets through bottles at nights wakes at least twice for 8oz bottles and because his drinking so much he as at least 5 to 6 nappy changes a day and 2 at night. i was told by my hv that insulin dependant diabetes is not gentic but tablet form is so really dont know what to think as its mixture in my family hv dont seem concerened and nor do gp although they have not actualy tested to see if his sugar levels are ok.i would def say go gp and explain everything to them babys come in all shapes and sizes so it maybe nothing hun he maybe naturaly slim and stay same as he gets older xxx