Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09

I am doing it wrong?

Hi Everyone

I'm not quite sure how to explain how i'm feeling....

I don't feel as though there is any bond between me and my daughter. I feel as though we just haven't connected. I wish the day away just so i can curl back up in bed at the end of the day and switch off the lights. I hate being on my own with her. I hear other mums talk about the fun and joy their little ones bring to their lives....it seems that im still waiting for this experience :cry:

Does anybody else feel like this?

Replies

• hi ya, to me, it doesnt sound like its anything to do with the fact that you feel you havent bonded with your daughter. it sounds as if you are suffering from depression and you wanting to wish the day away and curl up in your bed is a sign of that.

I may be completely wrong though, so correct me if I am.

Im sure that everyone has felt like you do at some point and I honestly dont think that there is anyone who hasnt read your post that hasnt identified with how you are feeling.

being a mum is such hard work and unless you are superwoman there is no way that you can juggle everyday life with having a child or children and not be stressed/tired/exhausted/tearful/depressed at some point.

Im the first to hold my hands up to say that being a mum is not always a wonderful and joyful experience. of course, a majority of the time it is, but not always.

it also sounds like you don't have a lot of 'you' time or time away in an adult only environment to enjoy yourself and be you for a few hours.

I think its worth talking to someone about how you feel, I dont necessarily mean a doctor, but maybe a close friend, relative etc...

don't worry, this is just a little blip.

xx