Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas

Hey Ladies!
Whats everyones plans for xmas this year? What have you bought your LO's? I'm so excited about Christmas this year, for the first time since my mum told me Father Christmas wasnt real (Still not convinced.. I think he becomes even more real when you have children...so do the bank statements).
Also, is anyone taking bubbas to any Grottos? xx

Replies

• hey, i am planning on having a lazy christmas.....havent really got carter any thing yet apart from an arsenal sippy cup, and a few books need to get him a few more things but not goin mad as he already has a million toys. not sure about grottos if floyd wants to see santathen ill take them both in but dont really think will be thatt bothered as he's still doesnt really understand christmas yet (i did take him last year and he looked soooooooo scared lol)
    xx
  • we are in talks husband want to go his parents for dinner i wanna go mine, so think i will just be at home doing a bit of nothing.
    Were not doing the grotto thing but still will c santa as my dads aunt is having 80th bday party and they dressing someone up as santa and doing the whole pressie things for the kids. xx
  • We are off to oh parents as they live closest and to be honest it is just so much easier than cooking etc.. at home. We will have the morning at home and open our pressies then go to theirs at about 11am for the rest of the day and prob get home around 6pm for Jacks bedtime.

I am so excited.......have got Jack lots of little things like stacking cups etc...just simple stuff that is not too expensive as he will probably enjoy the paper more!!!!

When is everyone putting their tree up? I am tempted to do ours on tuesday..
  • I still live at parents house as council wont pull their fingers out of their arses, so I dont get to pick when to put the tree up =(
    As I'm living at mums, xmas day will be here, then going to OH's family on boxing day. Not at all in the mood for xmas now as he's just been laid off work. x
  • I probably wont put the tree up for a bit, i got a fake one last year but its not very good so might get a reall one this time, i was thinking about doing the decorations end of this week..... i have decided to get carter some baby rice n little pots of fruit etc as christmas day is going to be the first time he tries food lol

P.s i love lily's snowsuit xxx
  • We've decided to put the tree up on Saturday,we have a real one every year which i love in the front room and Finley decorates his fake one and we put that up in the conservatory.
    We are going to my oh's parents for the first time for Christmes dinner,should be interesting,she's not the best cook!! Boxing day off to my parents and staying over with the boys,really looking forward to it! x
  • We have our decorations up already. I have always had a real one but my OH and little boy preferred an artificial white one so i have a white and turquoise tree which looks quite nice. Were off to my mums for xmas dinner and will probably be at home for boxing day or visit my brother in law and his family in clacton. Havent gone mad for Evie but i have LOVED getting pink bits for her like a pink doggy pillow and a minnie mouse from the Disney Store with Evie's name on the blanket Minnie holds! Love it!
    Were going to the Winter Wonderland next week so will take my little man and baby girl to see santa there.

Im so looking forward to christmas this year! xx
  • We were planning on going Winter Wonderland on Saturday but OH got laid off and we dont have as much money as we thought we'd have to last the month dammit. My mum bought Lily a pink Minnie Mouse from Disney Store (along with Handy Manny lol) in Watford on Tuesday. We also took Lily to see Santa, she LOVED him. x
  • were having christmas dinner in our house. my mum and dad, his mum, brother, sister and two kids are coming over too!!!!!!

i got nicole stacking cups. a peek a boo book (it plays music) a big tigger teddy and a walker for when she is a big girl.
    hard to believe santa is in our house. we are so excited about it.

chaxxx