Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09

Feeling sad...

Hi girls,

I have been weaning Jack onto formula for the last few weeks and am now just feeding him before bed and in the night. I am going back to work in January and also need to start taking some suplements for my arthritis which dont mix with bf. We agreed it would be best to get him used to formula so he was settled for nursery etc..

I am just feeling really sad about not feeding him anymore I didn't think I would feel this bad but I am really tearfull at the moment.

Just wanted to share really.

Sarah and Jack 22 weeks!

Replies

• I'm sorry you are feeling sad hun but you should be happy you got to feed him for so long, thing of it that way rather than it is over now. You had that amazing close feeling and feeding your baby bottles can be a lovely experience too - plus your hubby/OH/family can enjoy it too. I never breastfed past 5 days as we had a terrible time with my milk coming in late and baby losing weight so I spent a lot of time attached to a pump. 13 weeks I expressed then stopped as I was spending more time with the pump than my little girl!!
    I hope you dont feel sad for long, just look at the joy someone else gets from giving him a bottle and also think of it this way - you dont have to get up at night!! x
  • Hi Sarah

you have doen really really well for Jack, I only got to 6 weeks BF Lily at first I was like you gutted and sad but now at 20 weeks she has her bottle and cuddles up to me and stares up with her big eyes and I feel so close to her. You and Jack have a bond of mummy and baby and it makes no odds how you feed him it is the closeness of you that counts!

Helen
    xxxxx