Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how did ur's go?

Hello Ladies and babies,

Well how did ur xmas go? mine was slightly eventful (long story)

Well xmas eve we woke up and had no running water (we live in the country side and have our own pump and well) we were heading into town 4 the day anyway so we said ah well it will defroast by the time we get home, HOW WRONG WERE WE.

Went to my mums house and made up nicole's bottle's to last us until that night and left them in the fridge as we had 2 go collect our turkey and do some shopping (my mum,dad and his mum and brother were coming out to our house 4 xmas dinner) before going to his daddies mass at 6. after mass went to his mums house to spend a bit of time with her before nicky's last bottle (she was due at 9) left there at 7.45pm and went to my mums to collect turkey and shopping that we left there, and FORGOT the bottle. Mum rang us when we were nearly home (keep in mind that the road was SOOOOOOOO SLIPPY and DANGEROUS) and told us, we said its ok we will make one when we home.
Arrived home at 9pm and the water was still not running image i had no water to make up her bottles for her feed that she was due right that moment :cry::cry: luckly hubbie said there is water in the hot tap as it is coming from the water tank up stairs :\)
she was awake by now sitting in her bouncer looking up at me chatting :lol::lol: so i washed her bottles put them into the sterliser and turned it on, and nothing happened :cry: it refused to work, at this stage i started crying as she was starting to get hungry, we then relised it had to be de scaled:roll: so had to run the sterliser 3 times (1 to descale and 2 to clean it) anyway it worked and i eventully made up her bottle and started feeding her @ 10.15pm (bad mummy)
All this time hubbie was outside trying to block up the pump house (we were in the middle off building it and it had no door on it) and had to 2 gas heaters an electric heater inside trying to defroast the pipes)
2 cut the story a bit shorter at 2.30am in the morning there was still one pipe frozen and we were both outside freezing trying to figure out what to do and i said to hubbie wish i brought out the hot water bottle top keep our hands warm DUH we both looked at each other and i ran in filled it up and put it on the last pipe and within 20mins it was un frozen :roll: :roll: :roll: so we wasted 2 hours trying to unfreeze it while it would have only taken 20 mins :x :x
the next morning we were up early @7am preparing stuff and nicole stayed asleep until 9.15am (we were raging as we couldn't wait to bring her down stairs and let her open presents) when she finised her bottle and was dressed we brought her down stairs and she didn't know where to look imageimage:\) :\) we had a great time opening her presents with her and seeing her eyes widening with each one, i now relise why the say xmas is made by having children.

it turnrd out that his mum and brother didn't come to dinner as he said the roads were to dangerous to travel on :roll: :roll:

Nicole amazes me each and every day and we our so grateful to have her.

for does who have managed to read all this crap thanks and am sooooooo sorry it turned into an essay imageops: imageops: imageops:

best wishes to ye all

cha&nicolexxxx

Replies

• Options
    You definately had an eventful Christmas Eve then!
    We had a lovely Christmas,my boys let us have a lie in until 6.45 when we opened their stockings.Bless my 3.5 yr old,he thought Santa had given him just his stocking and was so shocked at seeing all the other presents under the tree!!
    We went to my mum and dads for breakfast which was loveky and then to the pils for Xmas dinner.
    Ethan had all of 20 mins sleep all day so was pretty restless,he finally fell asleep in his pram at 7.30pm! We left about 9.30pm and like you say Christmas is made for children,we had a lovely day!
    Happy New Year to you all,have a great 2010! xx
  • Options
    Ah that does sound eventful! I too agree xmas is definately a whole new experience when children come along! We spent xmas day at my parents with my brothers and sister and her children (was a noisy one with a 5 yr old, 4yr old and 3 1/2 yr old runnig around) and boxing day went back to my parents for more overeating! Christmas was tinged with bit of sadness though, my mil passed away unexpectedly in March (she never got to meet Evie) this year so was the first one without her around . Anyway on a lighter note hope everyone has a fab new year and 2010!
  • Options
    We all had mild flu, I started with it xmas eve and was so ill christmas day that I didn't eat my dinner!!!! must have been bad! We did make the best of it, fortunately oh was feeling better by then so looked after me and Jack.

I didn't feel better til last wed. and still feel drained now but at least this horrid cough has finally gone.

I think Jack had a great time....he loved his pressies and in spite of also being poorly wasn't too bad so still had fun I think!!! He looked so cute christmas day..we bought him a shirt, tie and waistcoat and he looked gorgeous!!!! like a mini bouncer :lol:

We had the in laws for tea on boxing day which went well...I cooked up a frenzy and completely over did it so felt wrecked the day after.

Over all it wasn't quite what I had hoped for but wasn't that bad, next year when Jack knows whats happening more will be better, although I am hoping to be pregnant again by then imageimage

Your christmas sounded far more eventfull!!!! i know what you mean about our babies being more amazing everyday, Jack is doing so many new things all the time..I just look at him and my heart melts xx

Happy New Year everyone xx