Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can't look after my baby properly :(

I've cut my hand and had to have 3 stitches on Saturday! It is on the palm of my hand by the crease of my index finger and it is so sore when i try and bend it and so i can't take care of Ethan properly,picking him up,getting him dressed and even giving him his bottle!
Luckily my oh has had today off to take care of the boys,i'm just hoping it's a bit better by tomorrow !
xx

Replies

• Options
    Aw its horrible when you cant give your baby your all! I did something to my back when Lily was about 3months old. It took me so many attempts to get her out of her cot etc. I hated it. Luckilly my sister was on annual leave at that time, so she could help me. But you do feel so useless! x
  • Options
    Hi Nik

same as Melanie my back went when my lo was about 2 months old I could not lift her it was really hard I had to have the inlaws round nightmare!

Just give Ethan plenty of kisses

xx

hope your hand heals soon
  • Options
    its horrible aint it, i had to have a growth removed of base of my spine 5 weeks ago and wound left open couldnt sit down properly to give cuddles lean over her cot to lift her out and when did hold her could only for 10mins at time, it was the worse thing ever luckily my husb and my parents were great. finally recovering now tho and enjoying making up for it.

Hope ur hand better soon and u will be able to do everything easily again.

Sarah xx
  • Options
    Awww bless you xx hope you feel better soon hon xx

My back plays up alot and it was absolutely fine whilst pregnant and b/f but since I've stopped it's been killing and I am so scared it's going to go again...I am desperately trying to lose some weight and get fit again so it will help hopefully but I am struggling to pick Jack up and carry him upstairs etc...
  • Options
    Thanks girls,its a bit better today but the stitches are so tight and my finger is still numb which i'm getting a bit worried about,is this normal?!
    xx
  • Options
    Hi

Hows your hand? I just read your last post I hope it has not got infected

Helen
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Helen,the cut itself has healed very well but one side of my finger is still numb! It's the side where the knife went in the deepest and so i'm thinking it's still healing or i've damaged the nerve! I've got to have the stitches out on Monday so will see what the nurse says.
    Thanks for thinking of me though! x
  • Options
    poor you, hope it gets better for you

• Options
    Well the stitches were taken out today and the nurse said that because it was a deep cut it's still healing and so the numbness should go in time!!
    We shall see!!