Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How is everyone???

Hey ladies, hows everyone getting on??? Carter is now 20weeks and has just started sitting up on his own he looks so cute when he sits up always has the widest eyes and the biggest smile on his face.....he really is the most perfect baby (apart from the lack of sleeping through the night lol) he only ever cries when he's hungry and even then its not really a cry just a whinge really he is really smiley n giggles most of the day......he is sooooooooo dribbley as most babies are at this age constantly has wet soggy hands. i am still bfing with his bottle before bed i think i am going to stop around 6-7months but i'll see then how i feel, as i may still carry on, also i havent started weanig yet am adamant i dont want until he is atleast 6 months, nut i was thinking of maybe letting have his first taste on xmas day when he'll be 5 1/2 months!!!

Oh yeah what is everyone getting for lo's for xmas so far all i have got is a sippy cup and some books i am getting him a toothbrush but i really cant think of anything else to get him he has loads of rattles and teethers and does not need any clothes until he is about 4 lol (niether does floyd) i really dont have any room for anything like a jumperoo which i really want to get for him but just cant so does anyone have any ideas???

xx

Replies

• Options
    Ive got Lily some clothes for xmas, and a whoozit photo album to put pictures of OH's family who live in Spain in so she always knows her Nanny and Aunties face. Also I've got her a musical teether,a cow sippy cup and small bits for her stocking. xx
  • Options
    We are good, started weaning this week ( Jack is 23 weeks today) as hv said he was ready, I did want to wait as long as possible but Jack was not putting weight on and has been starving after feeds etc... he loves it so far..have been trying some baby rice and fruit puree which he loves.

I am also down to just bf at night, I feel a bit sad about stopping but I'm going back to work soon and also need to sort out my arthritis. I am clinging on to the night feed but know it wont be long til that ends. I am pleased I got this far though as the first 6 weeks were a nightmare but I really enjoyed it in the end.

I can't believe how fast the time has gone....Jack was never really a baby for long he just seemed to transform straight into a little boy! He is amazing and I feel so blessed.

I can't wait til christmas, we have got him a few little things so far incl clothes but we were thinking of getting him a trike thing that transforms as he gets older and can walk etc...