Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

has anyone been away from baby yet?

i have only been away from georgia for a total of 2 hours since she was born - she is 12 weeks tomorrow. i think its time so my parents have agreed to have her next sunday for a few hours... thing is i am really scared. hubby wants to go to dinner and the cinema but i just cant imagine letting go. i think its because i havent had the chance to leave her before now as noone has offered - i have had to ask and now not only am i worried she wont be ok, i am also worried we are putting upon my parents!

has anyone left their lo yet? how was it?

xx

Replies

• my oh has taken lo all day before, n my sil looked after him while i went for a meal with my friend....

When i had my first i never left him until he was 8 months old just because i didnt want anyone else looking after him, that was mainly because he never took a bottle n got really upset if he wasnt with me, this time round tho im am a bit more laid back and dont mind a few hours to myself....

If you dont want to leave her for too long maybe jusy go for a meal and see how you feel, then next time go for a meal and to the cinema....its understandable the way you are feeling she is the most important thing to you n naturally you will be worried even if you no she will be ok just take things slowly a few hours at a time lol but you and oh do need time together on your own so i would say yes to meal then take it from there...
    xx
  • My parents and MIL have had Toby for a night each, once was for my birthday and the other happened to be last night! I didn`t find it easy on either occasion but I think the more you let 'them go' the easier it becomes. I have come to the conclusion that nobody will look after my baby exactly the way I want them too but I know the people I leave him with to their best to do what they think is right and that I can`t have my expectations too high - does that make sense?

My MIL sees a lot of Toby so does know his routines quite well but its not all plain sailing.....but I`ll leave that to another thread!

Like Feebie sayes, try it for an hour or so and gradually build up so you feel happy

Sarahx
  • my sister is having Lily overnight tonight just got back from dropping her off, the house feels so quiet and already I want to go back and get her, but it will do us both the world of good and I am sure as Sarah said it gets easier!

xxx
  • We have left Jack with the in laws a few times now...it was hard at first and I couldn't wait to get him back ( we only went to the cinema) like the other girls have said it does get easier. I am not brave enough for an over night yet, I think that will be a long way off yet especially while I'm still breast feeding but I can't imagine being away from him for that long, 3-4 hours is my limit so far lol....
  • we left amelia over night about 6 weeks ago and yesterday my mum had her all day and night as i have had to have an operation on my back but hated being away for so long,