Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some advice!

Hopefully you mums can help me..Evie is being a bit of a nightmare with her bottles at the moment. She wont have a full one in the morning with her breakfast wont have an afternoon one so has food instead and recently she is refusing to have her bedtime one! She has upto now been so good having that last bottle and would drink 7oz and go to sleep. Now she is getting really upset everytime a bottle goes in her mouth and wont suck!

I am at a loss as to how bedtimes are going to go now and i dont want to get into the habit of rocking her to sleep instead of her having that bottle and going off!

Help!!!

Replies

• Olivia is the same this week. She stopped wanting her tea and her night time bottle so I stopped giving her her afternoon bottle and give her a snack instead and it seems to have worked. She has started to eat tea again and drink a bottle before bed.

Could you try a cup? Olivia has a 'nuby' cup which is fab. I havent tried her with milk from that yet but she gets on really well with juice/water in it.

Maybe Evie is just wanting to be a big girl and not want a bottle anymore!!
  • Thanks for the reply x
    Im finding this age bit difficult at the moment!

We have bought Evie a cup but i hadnt thought of trying her milk in it. Bedtimes are so difficult since she has stopped taking the bottle! I worry she isnt getting enough milk to grow!

Thank you for helping, im going to try her with a cup tomorrow xx
  • G/C from Aug....

My LO is exactly the same. For the past few weeks he's been refusing bottles or will only drink 2oz maximum per bottle before whacking it away from his face and shutting his mouth really tightly (he's turning into Kevin the teenager already!!).
    I give him porridge which is made up with his milk every morning just by way of getting some into him. I spoke to my HV today and she said it's common for babies to do this and as long as they're having dairy products like yoghurt and cheese then not to worry too much.
    Today though I have tried him with a cup instead and he has drunk more than usual so is definitely worth a try. I have both a Tommee Tippee cup (with a spout) and a Doidy cup (without a spout). See what works best for you. Good luck!

Shell xx
  • Hi, Riley is doing similar. Riley has been breastfed and bottlefed. But where i didnt give him a bottle for 4-6 weeks months ago, he now refuses to take a bottle. I have even had trouble getting a fluid down him and have tried various beakers and cups. He now has a thomas the tank sports bottle (like a fruit shoot spout) that he will have squash from, but not loads. Have tried him with milk in this, but he turns his nose up when he realises it it formula. Although i just say to myself a few sips is better than nothing.

So, im still breast feeding him but only 10 minutes in morning and 10 minutes before bed, so he doesnt have alot of milk intake. HV doesnt seem as concerned as me! But he has milk in his porridge and weetabix and lots of yogurts and cheese. So im hoping he is getting enough. Its a worry isnt it? As i keep seeing this advert on TV to say how much milk babies should have a day.

Nic. x