Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

going completly overboard

Hi Ladies,

i really need ye to talk some sence into me (or maybe agree with me ha ha).

for nicole's 1st birthday i've: (i've been purchasing these items for a couple of months as the is NO way we would be able to afford it otherwise)

Made home made invitions (took a long time as i was sooooo fussy)
Made home made thank you cards. (didn't take as long this time as i knew what i was doing)
Bought LOTS of deco stuff like balloons, 1st birthday kits, banners u name it.
Am getting centerpieces of baloons made up
have printed up pictures of nicole as she is growing up (to go around marque)
Spending a fortune on her cake, (don't know the price yet until tomorrow) and getting cupcakes made aswell!!!!
And then at the weekend in work i made her a guest book so people could write down little notes for her!

And now i'm thinking of making party favour boxes and putting stickers of nicole on it!!!!!!

someone needs to tell me to COP on its only her 1st birthday (i won't be going to this extreme for anyother birthdays)

so any slaps will be soooooo welcome

chaxxx

Replies

• Ha ha...I was the same with Jack....I went completely ott but he will only have 1 first birthday so hey, why not!!!

Hope you have a fab day Cha xx
  • I've done exactly the same.. I've bought banners, balloons,party boxes with bubbles and what not in. We've spent ??38 on Lilys birthday cake, and having cupcakes,
    I've gone crazy, but the same.. only have one 1st bday. xx
  • We had a huge family/friends picnic for Ethan's birthday at the weekend and it was brilliant! Like everyone says,they are only 1 once,enjoy yourselves! xx
  • thanks girls at least i'm not crazy.

chaxxx
  • Haha not at all.. Hubby moans that I've done too much for a first birthday party, but we agree to disagree, and I always get my way haha. x