Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Apologies

Hi girls,

Firstly let me apologise for being one of the July mummies who have gone awol from this forum since my beautiful little boy has entered our lives. I pop in now and again and feel really sad when I see how wonderful all of the June ladies are at posting etc and how poor most of us are - me being one of the worst (sorry!)

I have just read about Dippymummys little boy passing away and has just made me feel so sad and yet so grateful that we are blessed to have such a wonderful young man and how cruel life can be.

Toby is growing up so quickly and I feel so blessed every day that I wake up and know I can spend another day with him! We had a tricky start but since changing a few things early on we now have a very happy and contented baby. We follow Gina Ford`s routines and although initially, I didn`t think they would suit our lifestyle, i truly believe it is this reason that Toby sleeps 7pm - 7-8AM (feed at 9pm) and allows us to have a balanced life!

How are all you mummies out there doing? It would be nice now that our babies are a bit older if we could all crawl back from under the woodwork and have a lively born in July forum!!

Lots of love
xxx

Replies

• Options
    hello

I have not posted much it has been so hectic since my little Lily has been in my life, I love her so much, and like you was so very sad to hear about little Charlie what a brave lady his mummy is and will have to be.

looking back the first six weeks were tough but now we are in a routine, Lily still wakes for a feed around 3am but I do not mind your body clock gets used to it. You are lucky having such a good boy going through the night.

Lily is now on formula and seems way more contented

love
    Helen
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,i too have thought about Charlie and his brave family over the weekend.It just makes you realise how lucky we are doesn't it?
    Like you fowerlands i look back at the first 6-8 weeks and think how tough it actually was but looking at my gorgeous son i wouldn't change it for the world!!
    We are too very lucky to have a baby that sleeps through,he goes in his cot between 7-7.30pm,has a dream feed at 11pm then goes through until 7am and he is such a happy contended baby although i think he is teething so we'll see how long that lasts!! xx
  • Options
    Hi girls,

Yes it is so sad about baby Charlie, what his mum and dad must be going through I can't imagine. I gave Jack an extra big cuddle the day I read of it on here, so so heartbreaking.

Well Jack was 15 weeks old on sunday! where has that gone? The first 8 weeks were tough as you say, especially with breast feeding, I did come close to giving up a few times let me tell you image but we are in a good routine now. He has a little aptimal now and again mainly because I just couldn't get enough out expressing and it was getting me down. It's nice as it means we can venture out for a meal or the cinema every now and then and granparents can babysit imageimageimage

He isn't sleeping through yet..but has got himself into a nice little bedtime routine. He is down by 8.30 most nights and up at 8am-9am with 1-3 feeds in the night depending on what mood he is in :lol::lol:

I'm beginning to think the boy won't sleep through till he's on solids!!!
    Am used to it now though and feeling less of a zombie. I finished my hypnotherapy qualification last week so waiting for my diploma and place on the hypnotherapy register. On to counselling diploma now.

Went to look at nursery on friday for when i go back to work in January..not looking forward to that!

Saz xx
  • Options
    Aren`t we all such lucky ladies!!!

Sounds like the July babies are all being angels and like you all say it does seem a lot easier now. I look back to theose first few weeks and every day seems like a blur!

Sazzle the hypnotherapy/counselling sounds very interesting. Did you use hypnotherapy for any of your birth? I also have to top up with formula for his last feed because I can only get 4oz out and he usually demands 8oz and unfortunately I can`t keep up. There have been days where I wanted to stop BF as I felt pinned to the sofa but he seems to be getting more in a shorter space of time now so we are at peace with the world again!

After last nights post, Toby woke at 4.30AM this morning which was rather a shock but then I always told myself not to get too far ahead!!

I am taking Toby swimming for the first time this weekend as our gym doesn`t allow it before 3 months and I am so excited! Have any of you taking your bubba`s swimming? Bit unsure what to do when we get out. Do I put Toby under the shower or just get him changed??

Anyway nice to be in touch with you all and one thing I missed from my last post and meant to write was well done to all you lovely ladies who HAVE kept the July forum up and running!!!

Sarahx
  • Options
    Hi everyone.... I too havent been on here much, had lots of very sad things going on in my life but wont get into that now!!

Carter is 14weeks on Thursday, and is doing very well had him weighed last thursday 14lb8oz image He doesnt have a regular pattern of sleeping he goes to bed by 9.30 and someetimes sleeps till 8.30 -9am or wakes about 4-5am after he wakes in the night he doesnt really settle back to sleep so i have him in bed with me n feed him till he drops off again (im normally asleep within minutes) I am still breastfeeding with a bottle before bed as it seems to satisfy him a bit more than just mummy milk!! Even if he did sleep through i would still be woken by floyd most nights arrrr i dont think he will ever sleep properly I was up from 4.30am till 7 am with him, then carter woke up at 6am so and very tired today :roll:

I have taken carter swimming loads and he absolutely loves it, as does floyd so i have 2 water babies, we went away a couple of weekends ago and went swimming 3days in a row one of the times was in for nearly 2 hours lol,After swimming i get under the shower and wash the chlorine off as it does dry thier skin abit, if the sink is big enough though i do put him in there haha

I can now put carter on his mat or in his chair and he will entertain himself for about an hour at a time which is nice as he had to be held 24/7 until a couple of weeks ago, he has aslo started sucking his thumb (so cute) and will take a dummy sometimes, i think he is teething as he is constantly chewing his or my hands and has got little bumpy gums!!

Hopefully we will all get back on here soon as its nice to have our little chats lol image

xx

• Options
    Hi i feel the same, its a shame the posts arent regular but we all have our bundles of joy keeping us on our toes. Evie will be 14 weeks on Friday and still not sleeping through but im not too worried. She has a feed in the bedroom with the blinds down and quiet at 6pm, we have dropped the dream feed at 10.30pm, she wakes at about 3.30/4am for a feed then another at 7.30am. She always settles easily and goes back to sleep quite quickly after her night feed.

Evie likes to be tickled along her jaw line and under her chin, just like her brother did when he was a baby and she is constantly babbling, its so cute the movements her mouth makes when she is chatting away!!

I think i may have missed what happened with Dippymummy's baby? image

stacey xx
  • Options
    Im also bad at not posting. I do look most days but dont seem to have much time to post but as Olivia is asleep I thought I would attempt to catch up on BE and emails!

Olivia is a pretty good girl. She is in a good routine day & night although often a bit restless in the afternoon but after a feed at 8.30pm she sleeps through until 7am. She'll then have a bottle and be awake until 8am where she will have a nap for about 45 mins and then another bottle at 9am. She then goes 3 hourly (12, 3 & 6) until bedtime.

She is 14 weeks on Sunday and I cant believe how much she has changed. Im in the middle of editing the films ive taken of her since she was born (im doing 3 monthly DVD's) and to watch her 3 months ago compared to now is amazing. She is starting to roll and move around by pushing her feet on the floor, my walls during bath time have started to get soaked because she loves nothing more than being in the water and she has started to play nicely in her bouncy chair or bumbo. Its quite a transformation and I cant wait for each day to see what she learns that day. Next milestone will be the baby rice in 3.5 weeks time and I cant wait!!

I had the priveledge of meeting baby Charlie and he was a little sweetie. Went through such a lot in his short life and it was cruel how he was taken so suddenly from his mummy & daddy. It has certainly made me appreciate Olivia more and when she cries or moans I know that Charlies mummy would love to hear him cry and scream again. It makes me feel very lucky to have a happy healthy little girl and I hope one day dippymummy will have a happy healthy baby and sibling for Charlie who I am sure will be a special big brother looking down.

xxx

[Modified by: winnie1981 on October 21, 2009 11:41 AM]