Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Questions

Hi all. Hope youre all ok and not too stressed with the festive season upon us!
I have a few questions that some of you may be able to help me with. As a first time mum I am TOTALLY clueless.
OH and I are taking Lily to his Nans in Lowestoft in the new year with his mum.. Travelling on the train with her and first time staying away from home with her.
We are taking her travel cot (will be the first time being used), but I dont know what to put in there. It seems very hard?
Also, As we are going for a couple of days, I will be needing to take all of her bottles. Is there anyway of sterlising them without taking the actual sterliser?
I probably have more questions but cant think of them right now. I can just see us turning up for a couple of days looking like we're moving in with all of Lily's things. xx

Replies

• Hi,i hope i can help with your questions! You can get a mattress for the travel cot,Mothercare do them although they are expensive at approx ??25!
    As for sterilising bottles you can get pre sterilised bottles from Boots/Mothercare that you use once then throw away or for a cheaper option take some sterilising tablets with you and you can then use them to sterilise the bottles over night while you are away.
    Hope this helps.xx
  • I have a Red Kite travel cot from Asda baby event and its so hard.....I bought the mattress from mothercare but it was too small and still quite thin - more like a mattress protector to me so I ordered a mattress off an ebay shop for the red kite one which is lovely and thick and fits perfect and was the same price inc delivery as the mothercare one. They had lots of diff brands and sizes too HTH x
  • Ah thankyou! I got Lilys from Tesco I think. Cant remember the brand. Will check that out later! x
  • hi hun you can buy a pack of 4 or 6 sterlising bags that already have the sterlising tablets in pop bottles in fill up and leave for half hour i will be getting to take to my mums at xmas its worth getting small pack of sterlising tablets too that way you can reuse the bags and just pop some sterlising tablets in there compact and great idea also thing there about a fiver.x
  • Hi all. I bought a box of tommy tippee presterile bottles that I can just throw away after use. They were only ??2.99 for 5, so I've got some aptimil cartons aswell. Should be set now. x