Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09

Survived first week back at work...

Well what a week, it started a week last friday actually. Jack started with this winter sickness bug. He scared us half to death when he woke us being violantly sick at 2am. 2 days followed of high temp, sickness and the runs for Jack. I felt so sorry for the poor little man, we had a few problems trying to get his temp down but by sunday he was on the mend but then we got it!!! Jack shipped off to oh folks as we just couldn't move! I had to call in sick for my first 2 days back at work....eventually went back wednesday. Jack started full time at nursery on thursday and so far seems ok with it all.

Just a really un settled week for us all. Work are easing me in gently which is nice, I am shadowing the chap who has been covering my maternity leave for the next week but then I imagine it will be back to sell, sell, sell again :roll:

Any hoo for all those mummies dreading the return to work like I was, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. In a strange way it is nice to be dressing in suits again and wearing make up etc...nice to sing along to the radio in the car although I am missing Terry Wogan :lol::lol:

What is the best though is seeing the smile on my little boys face when I get home from work...

Hope all and babies are well

Hugs

Sazzle and Jack x

Replies

• Hi Sazzle

sorry to hear Jack was poorly and then you got it what a nightmare, glad you are feeling more positive about everything.

I start back on tuesday, still dreading it but had some settle days at nursery for Lily and feel a tiny bit better.

take care hun
    x

• Sorry to hear you've had a poorly little man,Ethan was like that last weekend so needless to say we didn't sleep much that weekend!
    I go back to work in 4 weeks only part time but i've made a decision that i am going to train to become a child minder,i've got child care qualifications as i was a nursery manager so i can put my training into good use again!
    Hope you and your babies are well.x
  • that sounds brilliant nik then you can be with the boys lucky you
  • Thanks flowerlands,i just want to be at home with my boys! Finley starts school in Sep so i'll just have Ethan at home and i then hope to have 1 or 2 children to look after a couple of days a week! x
  • Me too! Im going back to work in 6 weeks time and then once im back im going to look into registering as a childminder. I also have childcare qualifications and a degree in education & social care so im hoping that will help! xxx
  • Oh winnie1981,we can be childminding buddies!!
    I've already phoned the council and am waiting to be booked on a briefing session and then it's a 6 week training course. I'm really excited about it.
    I'm going back to work next month,so will train while i'm still working then hand my notice in at the begining of Aug,concentrate on my wedding which is 17th Sep then from October start as a childminder,thats the plan anyway!! x