Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09

Home alone for the first time and no idea what to do!

Hi there,
Well today hubby has gone back to work and I am home alone with Georgia and I have no idea what I am meant to do! I feel like I should be entertaining her or something but by doing what? I cant drive yet as I had a c-section and still have 3 weeks to go. When the rain stops we will go for a walk but other than that has anyone got any suggestions? I feel a bit like I did when I was overdue, stuck at home in front of the TV...
I would be very grateful for any ideas or if I am expecting too much with a 3 week old baby (I tend to do that!)
Thanks
Reety xx

Replies

• awww (im g crashing from due in august!) i will be the same when its my turn, i dont think theres a lot you can do really apart from go for a walk like you say, 3 weeks is still lovely and new, just sit and stare at her all day im sure you do that lots anyway image lol

Take Care
    Newlook
    39+5
  • Hi,

I would definately try and get out for a walk but beyond that just relax and enjoy your little one. Jack is 8 weeks old now and the time just flys by so quickly.

It's such a precious time, in no time she will be awake alot more in the day and looking for more play time then you will have lots to do and wonder where your day has gone!

Relax and enjoy

Hugs

Sazzle and Jack xx
  • I know how u feel... There isnt really much you can do Apart from lots of cuddling. Have you got any friends within walkin distance as getting out and seeing people is much pore interesting than day time telly....or baby groups?? if not then a walk then relax!!
    I also have Floyd who is 20months and he needs entertaining everyday so i take him to the park etc but theres not much you can do with a 3 week old at the park!!
    When Oh takesfloyd out i dont like being stuck at home so go for lots of walks and i live a few mins away from town so it easy to get places!!
    Hope you dont get to bored stuck at home!!

xx

P.s saw your pics and georgia is beautiful! love her blonde hair too!!
  • Its different for me as I have 2 boys and a newborn but I tend to just go visiting all day. Take them to the park, go for a nature walk etc. Im out that door first thing in the morning. No point in being cooped up.xxx