Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CHILD TRUST ACCOUNTS

Hi girls,

I am getting a bit worried about what to open, just wandering what you have all done. We were considering putting money given by family into a seperate account but not sure which one for the voucher or savings.

HELP!

SARAHX

Replies

• Hi,

We put Jacks in the childrens mutual but through Asda as they give you ??25 of vouchers if you also set up a D/D for ??10 a month. We put his voucher in that and I have a D/D for ??15 a month into that. We are going to open a seperate account for all his other money from granparents etc..we are trying to put his family allowance away as well when we can spare it so he should have a nice amount when he goes to uni or buys a car...god, him being 18 that's a scary thought imageimage
  • I was thinking of just a cash CTF maybe with Nationwide. I'm confused still though. Worried I'm going to make a bad decision. x
  • i put amelias into a cash account with nationwide as this is the only place i found done one,. i have had bad experince with share savers for myself so am not risking her money, u get a bonus paid in each year if u pay over 250 in per year which works our about ??40 per month with we do by D/D. least with cash account i know she is gonna get out what i put in + intrest rather than possibility of losin money.
  • have also opened a basic savings account with halifax for general spending money for her, that she can get b4 she is 18. x