Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010

update on lil mans heart catheter yesterday

**Happy Heart day all***

Well where to start up v early today 6am. Got lil man up at 6.45am. Arrived at leeds about 8.20 due to traffic from the motor way road works.

Zander had his obs done and waited and waited and waited some more he was finally sent for at 12.20pm 4 hours later bless him starving and bored, Dan Carried him down to the catheter lab. I held him as he turned away from the anethnatists and was given mask to send him to sleep. His eyes glasing and face were awfully upsetting to watch Dan turned away and walked off I kissed him goodbye and Gulp i laid my baby down on the bed ready for his catheter around 12.25pm.

We walked down to the train station to get food and pass the time we were back 5 minutes and was told we cold soon collect Zander from Recovery. Dr Gibb told us what he had seen his VSd was still pretty normal sized or fair sized and Unlike we thought he had pulmonary stenosis he has branch bulmonary stenosis and dr gibb says he will need his chest cutting across as well as down :/ a T like shape. Upsetting to hear as maybe longer surgery...

But the nurse did say if All goes well with this repair he may not need further surgey in his teens so good and bad news. Thank u to everyone for your well wishes trying to get through them all.

Dr gibb is talking to the surgeons tmoz re surgery which they will do and when we will hear again from them soon. Keep u posted.

Zander Had 20mls water about half 2. 7oz bottle 3pm is slept lots also had a chip lol and a yogurt before leaving we arraived home for 9pm.

He got changed as he had had a blow out LOL!! Ewww man!! gross! he had another 7oz n is napping now

xxxxxxx One of the hardest days of my life xxxxx

Eaten last night slept well n eaten today

Replies