Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

South/South West Meet :-)

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm thinking we should try to have a southerly meet before the summer! I've spoken to a few girls about a possible Bristol Meet? We are dotted around but if anyone can suggest a central point, please do image

Char xxx

Replies

• ??28 each way for me with only one easy change - so Bristol definately do-able for me. when are you thinking of? xx
  • If we're looking at a week day, Im back to work the 23rd March, so from then onwards I can only do a Mon or Tues, but weekends are fine! Up until that date I can do whenever image xx
  • ok, well, i dont have any work committments.... so i can do any day really...... after 23rd march will be better as i will have longer to save pennies - but would be able to do so before hand with a push as i will just dip into my holiday fund, and just borrow money off myself....... LOL
  • I've had a look at trains and it would be 3 and half hours and 3 changes for me. But I could look at driving and staying over, however if that is the case it would prob have to be a month or two, as I have st Albans meet and Jenns bday in manchester, dads bday, nans bday (you get the drift, lol) in March. From April 5th I'll be working tuesdays and thursday.

D xxx
  • I can do most dates and I'm definitely up for the Brstol meet as we discussed it a while ago. I'm still hoping to do summer meet to depending on how far it is. Keep me posted on dates please xxx
  • i can do any day apart from a tuesday which is marks day with Lucy. He has her every other saturday, and every other sunday..... but if the meet falls on any of those days i hope he wont be awkward about me taking her. He's really iffy about me taking her to meet a bunch of 'strangers' who could be anybody!! He cant understand why i want to take her with me.... urm, would kinda defeat the object if i left her behind!!!! LOL
  • Bristol would possibly be do-able for me. I am relying upon hubby as i don't feel confident going on the train and i have a really rubbish sense of direction and would never get there if i drove, lol! Hubby has agreed to take me and Finley if it falls on a day that he can swap at work. Therefore when the date is arranged, i'll see if hubby can get the time off work. I am back at work in May so anytime before that is easier for me but April would be a good month apart from the 11th - 15th April as we are away. x
  • Have already replied on the fb page but incase anyone hasn't seen....I can do pretty much any day but will prob be getting the train as wouldn't trust my car to get there. Therefore the sooner we set the date the more likely I can come as can get cheaper tickets!! x