Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bug sad rant...

*Title should say Big sad rant...stupid iPhone*

Morning ladies.

This is such a woe is me post but I've had enough of this year already!

2 weeks ago as some of you know, my sister tried to commit suicide, she failed (by the skin of her teeth), then this weekend my friend collapsed and is in intensive care in an induced coma with bleeding on his brain and brain swelling, and to top that all off, yesterday I lost my job image

I really don't know what on earth could go wrong now but odds are it will image

I was supposed to be going wedding dress shopping today but I just don't feel like it. Me and Rich had an almighty argument last night me losing my job, he's just worried about how we'll cope but it really isn't my fault I've been made redundant image

I just don't know what the next steps are, times like this ineed my sister but she still doesn't feel ready to see anyone, and splitting my time between home and the hospital in a tag team with Rich is awful image

I don't know what to do image

Replies

• Oh Hun, I can't believe all you bad news you have had over the past few weeks! You really have had way more than your fair share!

I'm so sorry about your job now on top of everything else- it's horrible when you have that uncertainty to deal with in terms of money. Gary very nearly became redundant a while back but luckily due to a mistake on this points system they used he was ok but I had no idea what we would do!

I don't know what to say Hun other than I know it's really horrible but things will get better and I defo think you should still go dress shopping! You may not feel Ike it, but I bet you it'll take your mind off things for a while!

• bless you, what a crap, pants time you're having. Do you get any sort of redundancy package to ease things at all? make sure they have been 'fair' to you as I think we have quite alot of rights when it comes to being made redundant if on mat leave.

All this on top of your sister and friend being so poorly, not surprising tensions can get high at home.

Sending some hugs and sloppy joshie kisses xxx
  • Oh Hun, Lets hope this is your third & final piece of bad news image. Like SE says, check your rights etc due to maternity leave etc. Utterly rubbish, but you must keep your chin up sweet.....you have a fabulous wedding to look forward to. Things will be hard, have a look into what you could be entitled to while you find another job. Sending a hug xxx
  • Sending hugs hun!!! Take care xxx
  • Sorry you're having such a hard time. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs xxx
  • You really are having a rough time of it lately aren't you Ally you poor thing. Easier said than done i know but try and keep your chin up. You have a beautiful baby and a wonderful wedding to look forward to. Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon. x
  • Thinking of you hun. Things will improve Im sure, and what doesnt break you will make you stronger. You know where we are hun. Have you thought about coming to St Albans next week? Its a direct train hun, and maybe give you something to look forward to, that and a glass of wine. xxx
  • oh bless you alzy, that's awful. Hubby was almost made redundant until getting redeployed last week just in time, was so relieved but then discovered at my keeping in touch days this week that everyone in my team is at risk of losing their own jobs in a few months too, aaaaaargh! My dad was detained in hospital last year with an awful lapse of his bipolar illness, and I know how awful it is, although I work in mental health it was totally different and you feel so helpless. In a few months time I expect you'll be clearer on the job front and your sister will have had some more help, things will feel very different, but until then you know we are all here for you xxxxx