Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010

hope you ladies can help :)

hello

i am due my second baby, a girl, this july and hope you could give me some advice on clothing, my last baby was a december baby in all the snow and wrapped up for months,

can i ask what your LOs wore for the first few months and what bedding you ended up using?

thankyou

Replies

• Hi there, congratulations! First few weeks Archie just wore a short sleeved vest and a baby gro to be honest! We were home a week after birth and didn't leave the house for another week after that. When we did he just wore a little outfit, vest and dungarees say, and in his carry of and just put either a muslin and the carrycot apron over him, or a light blanket without the apron, I kept checking him all the time like a mad woman but as long as he was out of the sun a light blanket sufficed!

HTH xxx
  • It seems to long ago now and tricky to remember but i think we had Finley in the same as Ally's little boy, a short sleeved vest and a babygro for the first few weeks. We then put him in outfits like a pair of trousers, a vest and a t.shirt.

For bed time i think he was in a short sleeved vest and babygro with a light blanket over the top but he constantly kept kicking his blanket off.

xx
  • hi

Congratulations!

We dressed lily in a sleeveless vest and a babygrow in the day or a short sleeved vest and leggings. I particularly liked romper suits too.

at night she would have a short sleeved vest, a babygrow and a light blanket. After a couple of months i realised she slept better cooler so i dropped the vest and just had a babygrow on her and a blanket or two maybe if needed. Then switched to a vest and a 1tog sleepbag instead.

We had some very hot days so just a vest was fine too sometimes for just around the house.

Our house was quite cool luckily but i relied on my husband and the baby monitor for the temperature readings as my hormones seemed to make me hotter!! :roll:

Good luck. I hope july is cooler for you this year. I was seriously miserable with the heat last year at 40 weeks! :lol:

caz x
  • thanx ladies, i hope its not too hot too, i was hot enough last timne and it was winter!
  • Hey at night we had dd in a long sleeved vest and a light summer sleeping bag , during the day pretty much like the other girls x
  • Same as above image & Romper suits! At night she wore either just a sleepsuit & sleepbag or longsleeve vest & sleep bag. It used to be about 25c in our room, way too hot image Congrats by the way! Its a lovely month to have a baby!!

xx
  • Aaaw July is a fab time to have a baby! Aila was dressed in ss-vest and romper or littke summer outfit round the house, we had a few cardis and cosier outfits for the not so warm days. She slept o=in ss-vest and sleepsuit with one blanket most nights but if it was particularly hot I just had her in a sleepsuit with one blnket. We switched to light sleeping bags at a couple of months. The upside of being heavily oregnant in summer is all the lovely icelollies nd ice cream yum!