Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010

Mega Broody and a catch up!!!

Hi girls havent posted in a while but keep up with your news on FB!! Back at work now Mon-Thurs and all I can think about is going on mat leave again LOL we planned to leave TTC until early 2012 but I cant wait so will be trying from July once I've got another accountancy exam out of the way (only 2 left til I'm qualified image) and hopefully have shifted the last couple of pegnancy pounds (I have 4 to go and they are stubborn buggers) imageimageimage I just think sod the finances it'll all work out lol I'm gonna take the whole year off next time so need to save hard to subsidise crappy smp!!

Hope everyone is ok!! Loving all the new BFPs!!

Grace is doing really well she's 24lbs now (chunkey monkey) so 98th centile for weight and 99th centile for height (think she was 79cm at her 9mth check). She is the most laid back baby EVER she's not rolled shows no inclination to crawl and sleeps for England. She's standing well though holding onto furniture so I'm guessing she'll just go straight to walking and bypass crawling!!

Weaning is going well mostly traditional with some finger foods chucked in and down to 2 milk feeds a day (Grace likes to rub food in her hair and eyebrows lol).

We're also really lucky in that my hubby has been able to go down to a 4 day week too and with 2 late shifts we only need child care twice a week from 2-4.30 so MIL is looking after Gracie (and annoying me greatly in the process). Looking forward so much to ttc again image !!

sorry for the massive essay !!

Michelle & Gracie

40 weeks 3 days

Replies

• Hi Mich!

Don't come on here often but it's nice to see new posts popping up image

Hope you're all keeping well. Congrats on TTC from July, how exciting for you! There's going to be so many new little babies for me to nosy over - yay!

We were going to go all guns blazing after the wedding in august but more & more Archie is developing and becoming a real little person the more I think we should wait. I look at him every night and my heart just melts & I really want to start trying now, but on the other hand, I really want to enjoy him. I have been made redundant & we only live in a 2 bedder at the mo too, so need to sort both of them before TTC. I'm still mega broody over the new bfp's & ttc announcements popping up, oh being a woman ay!

Archie is cracking, he was 20lb7oz at last check, 2 weeks ago, and eating for england, 3 meals a day, 2 with pudding, lots of cucumbers, ricecakes & the like in-between, and we're just dropping to 2 7oz bottles a day. He's just started crawling which as much as it is so cute, i need eyes in the back of my head! He only started on Monday and he's so quick already, he followed me into the kitchen yesterday, need to be purchasing baby gates!

Gosh I've rambled too!

Where are all you other ladies?!

Ally & Archie xxx
  • Lovely to hear you so well- I see your FB stuff so I see your gorgeous boy!! With a bubba and a wedding to plan you've got pleanty on your plate without TTC into the mix image!! Gracie doesnt even seem like a baby to me anymore - you're right they are real little people!! We're also in a 2 bed (its a very very big 2 bed) but we have no garden and I soooo want to get a garden!! We've been looking at buying (My mum's kindly offered to give me a deposit) but on the south coast you cant get a shoebox for what we could afford so renting we shall stay image xxx
  • Hi Girls,

So lovely to hear you and the bubba's are all doing so well. I'm feeling pretty broody too with all the pregnancies but we wont be trying for a few more years yet.

Things are good, we are back in the UK for a month as we have a few weddings and including my best friends, for which i am BM so have her hen do on Thursday for 4 days. Really looking forward to it but going to miss William very much. I havent been away from him for a night before, let alone 4!

William is becoming a right little character. Totally knows what he wants and what he doesnt want haha! He is quite the diva if he isnt happy with something. He makes me laugh everyday. He is so active crawling around everywhere, into everything, pulling himself up. Hes so fast now, i struggle to keep up with him. I have to strap him tight into his buggy or he gets up and stands in it! He waves bye bye and even managed to work the remote control today! He's not saying a whole lot though, just babble and a lot of growling!

We've started having a look at some nursery's, they are very expensive out here so have decided to start him off at daycare first. Going to start with one half day a week and take it from there. I'm going to go back to my promo work when i have a bit of time and hopefully back to my PT course when he starts nursery for a few days a week. Decided that we'll TTC either at the end of next year or early the year after.

Its taken me 9 months (and 30 PT sessions) to lose all the PG weight, so i guess its true what they say haha! I have been going to the gym everyday since he was 6 weeks old! How my mum got it all off in 6 weeks i will never know! Next time i'll lay off the cake haha!

xxxx
  • Hey ladies! Glad to hear all is well with mummies & babies image Great news on TTC Mich, we're probs going to try Autumn time now...did want to get cracking in the summer but, like you house hunting is our main priority at moment, as 2 beds is never enough image

Fearne is a cheeky monkey! weighing in at 19 1/2lbs at 9 months, is a weeny 70cm....had to giggle when i saw how long Grace was! She has midgets for parents so she was never going to be tall! Its all active here, but no crawling as of yet, a crawls last night but nothing since! We have a few probs with lumpy food, but give a tough old crunchy breadstick and shes fine! I never like lumps either apparently! This week she has slept through twice....a big achievement for her, first time in 4 months :roll: Normally we are up 2/3 times a night, lying her back down....removing her from a wedged position etc! She never cries, just shouts! Am in process of making her an all round bumper for her cotbed, when Ive finished that we have decided she will be left unless she cries! Tired.com all the time!

I love to hear how all the little ones are getting on...although I keep up with it all on FB!

Char x
  • lovely to hear from everyone image Grace is 10 months now- will be 1st birthdays before we know it!! x