Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

can i keep testing

as a way to see everything is ok? Surely if i test every week and the line is still strong this means the pregnancy is progressing? Does the hgc level only rise if its progressing and decrease if it is failing?

Just thinking rather then paying out for a private scan. Think ill be scanned at 10 weeks anyway due to xmas xx

Replies

• Hi s.s,

Yes I think you're right. I tested after slight bleeding in previous pregnancies and it was really faint, so that indicated it was failing, so now I keep testing and so glad to say that the line is still super dark image

I'm sure you'll feel much better after the 10 week scan xx
  • Also glad I'm not the only one. Luckly I still had loads of tests left so been doing one a week, got private scan a week tomorrow though. Can't come quick enough xxx
  • I tested again today! Managed to hold off all week and glad to say the line was super dark and super instant. Def no mistaking it!
  • Unfortunately, it doesn't really work like that... believe me, I wish it did :\)

If you keep testing, you'll only worry yourself. Lines will be stronger and fainter depending on the test, even if they're from the same box. I did keep testing until I got my 3+ on the digital, but I did have a few scares along the way.

Once you get your 3+ or a strong positive, I would stop testing and trust that you are pregnant. Unfortunately, in June I had a MMC, was given tablets to induce a MC and still tested strong positives until 5 weeks afterwards despite the fact that my babies were no longer there.

At the end of the day, a line is a line no matter how faint. If it makes you feel better to test, then do, but don't let it worry you if one test is fainter as it doesn't really mean anything.

I wish you all the luck and hope that you can start to enjoy your pregnancy. I know how worrying this 1st trimester is.

Kate (8+3)