Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

booking in appointment

Hi girls

Just went to register at the docs because I just moved and got my date for my booking in appointment with the MW so thought I would start a list.

Would also be great if the more xperienced ladies could share what will happen there.

appointment list:

shuck........................... 23/11/2010......................................will be 7+6

xxx

Replies

• Hey shuck, I live in Northern Ireland and the system is all different here! I'm going to see the GP on Monday and he will refer me to the hospital. I will get a letter for my booking appointment and 12wk scan on the one day. That appointment lasts about 2hrs - the mw takes all my details and history and talks about domestic violence and takes BP.
    Then I will get all my bloods taken and finally go in for a scan. They ask if you want midwife or consultant led care and give you a bounty pack and pregnancy book.You also need to take a wee sample.
    Not sure how much of that they do in your first appointment in England!
  • i went with my friend on her booking in appointment and again depends what area you live in but the just go though histroy and stuff like that so they will ask if you had any MC's and so forth dont think you have to do a wee sample but again the MW will tell you when she phones you other than that i can not think of anything

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/0000FF/66FFFF/My%20pregnancy/07/09/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • g/c from DiD and BiM09...

it's a good idea to have some knowledge of urs and ur OHs family medical history, like diabetes, heart problems, high bp, learning disablilties, allergies, and particularly for u if there is any history or prem births, twins+, pregnancy complications etc...that stuff will be standard across england as it's actually a page in the green maternity notes u'll be give,...some areas take ur bloods at ur booking, others do it at ur 12week scan, they'll also want to weigh u, or for u to know ur weight and height, to calculate bmi, but again that might not be until ur 12week scan dependant on area, they'll definately take ur blood pressure xx 34+1
  • ty WoW Baby for refeshing my mind lol
  • last time i saw my mw at 8 weeks, she took some basic details, then she came out to see me just before my 12 week scan to go through everything with me (fill in the green notes etc).

and yes, don't forget your wee sample! xxx