Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early private scan

Anyone had/having one? I cant relax at all so think we may book one for when im 8 weeks. I have my midwife at 8 weeks too. Least if all is ok then i might relax til the 12 week scan. Ive got this fear of getting to the 12 week scan and them saying oh sorry the baby died at 7 weeks.

So least if i know the babys there and see a heartbeat ill be better x

Replies

• Hi Hun, like I said on your other post I would say if u want an early scan have one when you're at least 8 weeks then u should be able to see most things....once my scan is over and done with on Friday i'm then gonna book in my mw appt xx
  • I've got one bookes for 7th due to being on holiday over christmas and new year no back till middle jan so will miss my 12 week. I will be either 8 weeks or 7 1/2 deending on ov. Been looking at images on net and seems like I shouls see quite a bit then- lke MrsLolly says around 8 week mark is a good time x
  • I think I might. Im 10 weeks on Christmas day and would really like to be able to tell people over Christmas rather than have them guess when they see im not drinking! I've just enquired about it, it looks like its going to cost ??????50. If all is fine it will be the best Christmas present ever!
  • Just g/c from DIA - I had an early scan at 8+3 and although bubs was really just a blob at that time, we saw a flashing heartbeat and heard it which was lovely. It was reassuring.
    LK xx
    20+2
  • I had a scan with my 1st at 8 weeks and thus one at 6 weeks. Leah was a blob which to me looked like a shrimp with a flashing heartbeat and this 1 was just a black spot which was flashing. Felt so much more relaxed and excited after though x
  • I had a scan with my 1st at 8 weeks and thus one at 6 weeks. Leah was a blob which to me looked like a shrimp with a flashing heartbeat and this 1 was just a black spot which was flashing. Felt so much more relaxed and excited after though x
  • I have one booked on the 15th Dec ... can't wait but it still seems like ages away. We figured as we want to tell family at Christmas but will only be 9 1/2 weeks we won't have had the reassurance that comes with the 12 week scan so we wanted some peace of mind before we get the relatives too excited! ... bit nervous as well though! Good luck to everyone image xx